Fleetguard LF777

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone running one? They supposedly use fleetguards stacked disc media. The stacked disc media appeals to me. I liked the old amsoil bypass filter because they used the same setup.

Would definitely need to restrict the flow somehow though as they flow 2 GPM and that's probably a bit much for most engines.

It's not a venturi filter but just strictly a bypass filter. It uses the same bypass media the venturi filters use though.

I was actually thinking of using the venturi filters as a bypass & using a syn media filter for the full flow (such as RP, Fram Ultra, or regular Stratapore. Not sure if the Venturi would flow too much, though.

I think a venturi filter would probably flow a bit much for a bypass alone. Especially if you were dumping it back into the sump of the engine.

From what I gather the venturi filter uses the stratapore filter with a stacked disc bypass in parallel all in one canister. The venturi part cause the oil to flow through both medias.

The one cummins forum I was lurking on the guy mentioned using a .070" orifice for the LF777 to restrict flow. So I suppose you could use a venturi filter for a bypass if you restricted flow enough. I don't know that the venturi aspect of the filter would work though?

No, the venturi needs high flow to operate. The LF777 is rated at 5 micron, which seems low for stacked disc media (?), only the big buck Amsoil bypass filters seem to be rated lower (3 micron).

I may buy a LF777 to cut it open and have a look at it. More out of curiosity then anything.

I don't need a bypass filter for anything at the moment but it would be nice to have more options for future projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back