Pennzoil conventional or Synthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which will clean the engine of any sludge better?

I ask because on the website, both types say the pass engine sludge tests, so just wondering if spending more money on synhetic woul clean my engine better. I just don't want to spend more money on something unless it's actually going to make a real differenc.

Ok, so based off of that, it doesn't look like I need to go with synthetic, especially at such an increase in cost.

Thanks Quattro Pete

Originally Posted By: AnarchyX
Ok, so based off of that, it doesn't look like I need to go with synthetic,

The way I read that comparison table, their synthetic oils are better at keeping pistons clean and are also better at cleaning up sludge lesser oils leave behind.

How much better? I guess that is the 64 cent question.

The basic determination whether you should use synthetic oil (not just Pennzoil's synthetic) should be driven by two conditions:

1. high output engine (turbo/DI)
2. extended drain intervals

Ok, well I do an oil change every 6k miles, and I have an '02 Envoy. Not exactly a turbo engine.

Cleaning an already dirty engine with oil, any oil, is slow going at best IMO. PYB is higher in detergents than any other conventional oil I'm aware of though.

Synthetic will last longer and leave fewer deposits if extended, but that doesn't sound like what you're doing anyway at 6 month intervals.

Pennzoil Synthetic Blend might be another option...
$17.97/jug at WM.

PYB - $16.97
PP - $25.47

Originally Posted By: wemay
Pennzoil Synthetic Blend might be another option...
$17.97/jug at WM.

PYB - $16.97
PP - $25.47

Good advice
thumbsup2.gif
For only $1 more, Pennzoil Synthetic Blend is a much better buy than Pennzoil Conventional PYB for 6-7k OCI.

What $1 can buy you today ? Not even a cup of regular coffee at Star Bucks.

Originally Posted By: AnarchyX
Ok, well I do an oil change every 6k miles, and I have an '02 Envoy. Not exactly a turbo engine.

That's your problem right there.......the 6k OCI's. You want a clean engine? Cut your OCI in half and use Maxlife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back