ArCHOIL 6200 WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: kschachn
Can you explain how an additive would change the idle speed on a modern car? Isn't this controlled by the IACV among other things? How would the friction qualities of the oil make a difference, especially when you consider how small the friction difference must be?

To me this is like the temperatures going down when that is controlled by the thermostat. How exactly would an engine oil additive change the idle speed?

Originally Posted By: domer10
Vikas said:
Car has 60000 km 36000 mi, always use shell vpower in the m3, I used sea foam 2 tanks ago, felt nothing....not sure if it did or did not clean internals. This stuff, used a syringe inserted it to tank, drove to gas station about 2 miles away, filled up....was at just over half a tank. After station drove around for about 6-7 minutes, was at stop light and could tell revs were fluctuating for a moment, then stayed steady at about 1000-1100, before it was always 900-1000.....from that acceleration on, noticed far more pep in same amount of throttle that before would not yield same result. This wasn't typical placebo but dyno, I never get that effect because I don't believe adding sea foam or techron or all that stuff will yield a noticeable result. And I have yet to add the 9100 friction modifier.

That's exactly where I was heading. Even if the idle speed was to increase due to some attribute of the additive, the computer and related components would quickly adjust it down.

Originally Posted By: simple_simon
A fool and his money are easily parted.

Only fool here is you, commenting on something you have never used. Along with the many well documented claims of the product working.......only fool here is you.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Can you explain how an additive would change the idle speed on a modern car? Isn't this controlled by the IACV among other things? How would the friction qualities of the oil make a difference, especially when you consider how small the friction difference must be?

To me this is like the temperatures going down when that is controlled by the thermostat. How exactly would an engine oil additive change the idle speed?

Vikas said:
Car has 60000 km 36000 mi, always use shell vpower in the m3, I used sea foam 2 tanks ago, felt nothing....not sure if it did or did not clean internals. This stuff, used a syringe inserted it to tank, drove to gas station about 2 miles away, filled up....was at just over half a tank. After station drove around for about 6-7 minutes, was at stop light and could tell revs were fluctuating for a moment, then stayed steady at about 1000-1100, before it was always 900-1000.....from that acceleration on, noticed far more pep in same amount of throttle that before would not yield same result. This wasn't typical placebo but dyno, I never get that effect because I don't believe adding sea foam or techron or all that stuff will yield a noticeable result. And I have yet to add the 9100 friction modifier.

That's exactly where I was heading. Even if the idle speed was to increase due to some attribute of the additive, the computer and related components would quickly adjust it down.

Its back down to 900-1000, but far more consistent, and before when i start it, let it warm a bt and back out of garage, it would kind of not hesitate.....but i guess you can say fluctuate, its definatley far more constant now, absolutely no pause in idol or any sort of fluctuation.

Vikas said:

Wow, somebody can't read. Could of swore I stated FUEL ADDITIVE. Bonus points for you for being a rash. I have read a lot of posts past couple days in this section, and you have consistently posted the same gibberish. Getting on people, discrediting them, and showing lack of understanding. HOPELESS. lol

All around it does seem to be running "cleaner" or "smoother" I guess you can say, I am pleased, these are my results, people here have a problem......to bad, I came here to let people know that this product NOTICEABLY worked for me, where as many others I have used in other vehicles gave no real indication. Really don't need to waste my time convincing people. Its simple, don't like...dont believe.....THEN DO NOT BUY!

Its back down to 900-1000, but far more consistent, and before when i start it, let it warm a bt and back out of garage, it would kind of not hesitate.....but i guess you can say fluctuate, its definatley far more constant now, absolutely no pause in idol or any sort of fluctuation.

That makes sense. Maybe something you added cleaned the injectors up. The only problem I have in all of this is you've used a few different products, so pinning the Gold Medal on the winner is tough. Some of these products take a little time to show their effects.

Sorry, I did mean fuel additive, and I have been reading. My mistake. I will wager you would not have been nearly so critical of my typo had I been agreeing with you.

And gibberish? Where have I posted that?

Wow, somebody can't read. Could of swore I stated FUEL ADDITIVE. Bonus points for you for being a rash. I have read a lot of posts past couple days in this section, and you have consistently posted the same gibberish. Getting on people, discrediting them, and showing lack of understanding. HOPELESS. lol

That is simply not true.

Along with the many well documented claims of the product working.......only fool here is you.

That is simply not true.

Along with the many well documented claims of the product working.......only fool here is you.

Really, care to wager on this? Go to youtube, go to other forums. Ford powerstroke forum to be exact.

That makes sense. Maybe something you added cleaned the injectors up. The only problem I have in all of this is you've used a few different products, so pinning the Gold Medal on the winner is tough. Some of these products take a little time to show their effects.

In this car just sea foam, so I wouldn't say many. Only sea foam in this vehicle, many others in my ram. I haven't tried it on that yet. I will as well, see if I notice anything.

In this car just sea foam, so I wouldn't say many. Only sea foam in this vehicle, many others in my ram. I haven't tried it on that yet. I will as well, see if I notice anything.

Got it. Still Seafoam is the wildcard unfortunately. At least IMO.

Im just concentrating on the M3 right now, gentleman who had it before me short tripped it a lot, there is mild varnish in engine under valve cover, so I'm running mobil 1 0w40 for short changes, and they say their 9100 friction modifier not only reduces friction, but does a good job of removing varnish and build up. So I figured that intake and throttle bodies possibly need some TLC as well, so bought those 2 to use inconjuction . He never drove it like he it should be driven, and doing my research these guys seemed like the real deal when researching and seeing the engineering and science behind the product and the info they have available.

Last edited:
I mean ya, i hear you, but that didn't give a noticeable feel when applied, could be possible that the sea foam aided it. Either way I may have not got same result if i did not use this after sea foam. So this could factor in, it may or may not have worked had I not used sea foam.

Yes of course I do wager on that. I guess you and I will have to disagree on this, testimonials posted to an Internet message board and YouTube videos do not constitute "well documented" in my mind. To me, well documented would be evidence of product testing conforming to well-known and relevant standards, with the results being publicly available. Repeatable and measurable results from controlled tests would be what I would look for.

And I have read those posts on the Ford forum ("stiction" I recall?) Do you believe that issue pertains to the issues you are solving in your engine?

Really, care to wager on this? Go to youtube, go to other forums. Ford powerstroke forum to be exact.

Summary of this thread so far:

OP: OMG I PUT THIS IN MY CAR AND IT'S AT WARP SPEED NOW

Us: Um. Not sure we believe you.

OP: YOU GUYS SPEND ALL YOUR TIME HATING AND BEING CRITICAL

Us: ...Huh? We just want more evidence than some Internet testimonials.

OP: OMG SUCH HATERS

(etc.)

Don't see this going anywhere good. Maybe it's best to just drop it for now. Just my $0.02.

Yes of course I do wager on that. I guess you and I will have to disagree on this, testimonials posted to an Internet message board and YouTube videos do not constitute "well documented" in my mind. To me, well documented would be evidence of product testing conforming to well-known and relevant standards, with the results being publicly available. Repeatable and measurable results from controlled tests would be what I would look for.

And I have read those posts on the Ford forum ("stiction" I recall?) Do you believe that issue pertains to the issues you are solving in your engine?

Really, so you are calling these people liars? Quite the statement to call many people you have never met liars.And no, it was not just stiction, problem with m3's is rod bearings and very tight tolerances in this motor. Many failures in theses motors to due to it. So something to aid in less friction and lubrication I am all for, And many videos on youtube with before and after application, on a diesel you can clearly tell the difference. So if something can not start or barely start without said product, then after it starts up much quicker and much much quieter, its either a very large coincidence or the product must be doing exactly what it said it would do.

Really, so you are calling these people liars? Quite the statement to call many people you have never met liars.And no, it was not just stiction, problem with m3's is rod bearings and very tight tolerances in this motor. Many failures in theses motors to due to it. So something to aid in less friction and lubrication I am all for, And many videos on youtube with before and after application, on a diesel you can clearly tell the difference. So if something can not start or barely start without said product, then after it starts up much quicker and much much quieter, its either a very large coincidence or the product must be doing exactly what it said it would do.

Im sure your next post or question will be, well maybe they changed the oil, or how do we know they didn't do something different such as change oil or add additional products. I don't, just took a chance, and went with my gut plain and simple.

Im sure your next post or question will be, well maybe they changed the oil, or how do we know they didn't do something different such as change oil or add additional products. I don't, just took a chance, and went with my gut plain and simple.

And the fact the company has a quite the background (bell laboratories) and has been used in industrial applications, that helped my decision as they have had PROVEN products in industrial applications.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Summary of this thread so far:

OP: OMG I PUT THIS IN MY CAR AND IT'S AT WARP SPEED NOW

Us: Um. Not sure we believe you.

OP: YOU GUYS SPEND ALL YOUR TIME HATING AND BEING CRITICAL

Us: ...Huh? We just want more evidence than some Internet testimonials.

OP: OMG SUCH HATERS

(etc.)

Don't see this going anywhere good. Maybe it's best to just drop it for now. Just my $0.02.

Or just keep your 2 cents out of it, cause those statements you made are childish. But you are free to post what you want, as am I. So now Im going to take my super fast warp speed car with the super warp speed additive i put in it for a ride dude.
57.gif
33.gif

OK, I know that is your standard for well documented. We will have to disagree on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back