Ordering oil from Ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering if I could get some people's experiences with ordering off ebay. Is it kind of risky to order oil off ebay? Are most sellers pretty stand up people and deliver product that is correct?

If there are mostly good experiences it could be convenient to just order the oil I want instead of going to the dealer or whatever.

If a seller with more than several hundreds feedback and better than 98-99% positive, than you probably don't have problem buying oil from them. Just pay with credit card so you can file a dispute with credit card company if you have any problem.

I bought a dozen or so Valvoline Synpower Oil Treament from an eBay seller long time ago without problem. I bought 12 quarts Volvo ATF a year ago without problem either. Both times the bottles were shipped in a well protected package with lot of bubble wrappers.

I've bought a lot of stuff off ebay over the last decade, including oil, stuff from the states, Hong Kong...literally many hundreds of them.

Had 2 bad transactions, and oil, as it's got to be packed appropriately or the shipper is in strife hasn't been in the bad ones.

I`ve done it a few times with no probs at all. As with any Ebay purchase,just always check their feedback first.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Just pay with credit card so you can file a dispute with credit card company if you have any problem.

^^This. Link a credit card through your Paypal account and pay that way. Never do a direct bank account transfer.

Originally Posted By: topbliss
I use Ebay and Amazon and never any issues

Same here.

I used to be an eBay power seller selling just Honda and Acura ATF (the cheapest on eBay).

Most people had their oil via ground shipping within 3-4 days and I only had a few transactions out of hundreds where FedEx lost or damaged a package.

My supplier raised prices unfortunately which made it no longer profitable for me to sell, so I gave up selling on eBay.

eBay has a very customer oriented policy. If you don't receive your item or it is damaged in shipment, you are 100% protected. Buy with confidence, if the price is right.

I bought some Redline for the Harley on Ebay from a motorcycle parts house.

No problems whatsoever.

Just watch your sellers and remember if something is too good to be true, it's not true.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
eBay has a very customer oriented policy. If you don't receive your item or it is damaged in shipment, you are 100% protected.

Not quite, I had one item not show, which we were asked to sort out between ourselves...which then dragged out beyond the point at which ebay would do anything...they suggested that I contact local Police (for a $40 item from overseas)

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Not quite, I had one item not show, which we were asked to sort out between ourselves...which then dragged out beyond the point at which ebay would do anything...they suggested that I contact local Police (for a $40 item from overseas)

You have a file a grievance within the allotted time frame. If you miss the time frame, you are screwed.

Within a months time I purchase several things from EBAY, and have for many years....The most important thing is to read and re-read the description, compare it to the description from more expensive listings for the same item.

I have been burned a handful of times, out well over 2000 purchases, every time I was burned EBAY made it right. I personally prefer EBAY over Amazon, But I use both.

Again in the end, my advice is simply "Be aware and read the descriptions thoroughly".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back