Recommendations for modified VW 2.0T GTI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: lim
Don't overlook the Fuchs Titan GT1 range, some of which were developed in conjunction with Volkswagen. The C3 product meets the highest vw specs.

Regards, lim

I think M1, PU, RL, Motul, etc, would be my choice before getting Fuchs or similar oils.
Fuchs makes oil with VW same as other manufacturers, certainly not to extent like Pentosin or Castrol.

The cars in your sig made me chuckle. A P-car, modified VW, and a Prius.
grin.gif

As for the VW's oil question, the KO4 will produce more boost and heat but not so much as it will need anything greater than VW 502.00. I've been running 16-17 psi in my KO3s for the last 30k miles and use whatever 502.00 oil I can get for the cheapest price. I don't have any fueling or exhaust mods, but I am running with the rear O2s and EGT sensors coded out. Many of the S4 guys that are stage 3 are just running 502.00 oil or Rotella T6 with catch cans.

If valve deposits are a concern, the catch can you have is a good start. You can also go to 504.00 oil and just keep the change intervals shorter because of the lower starting TBN.

Are you running colder plugs with a smaller gap? It was recommended to me to do it with my tune, but it didn't make much of a difference. Maybe it would with your additional mods. The FSI coils put out a better spark than the ones in my 03 A6, so that alone may be enough for you to run standard gap.

Originally Posted By: threeputtpar
Are you running colder plugs with a smaller gap? It was recommended to me to do it with my tune, but it didn't make much of a difference.

My tuner (and a few others) recommend NGK PRF7B with a gap of 0.028 or smaller. I was using a different NGK with stock gap and was blowing the spark out and causing misfires in the upper RPM range but I'm pushing between 20-22lb boost. It reduced the misfires a lot but I still get a few if the engine's not warmed up real good before playing with WOT pulls on the interstate.

Yeah the wife's "Illest" flat black dipped w/ green wheels Prius gets lots of looks and comments at the local Cars N' Coffee. It kinda tongue in cheek but hey it still gets 50 mpg
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back