Pennzoil 5w30 Blend, 09 Luxus ES 350

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pennzoil 5w30 Blend, 09 Luxus ES 350

This Lexus was only driven 859 miles in over 13 months. It is mostly driven less than 2 miles at a time. It also sits without being driven for periods of time. It was driven about 25 miles before this oil change.

Code:

+ ------------------------------+-------------------

Oil: Penn

Unit Miles: 40,123

Oil Miles: 859

Oil Months: 13.5

Date: 04/22/14

Aluminum(Al): 2

Chromium(Cr): 0

Iron(Fe): 5

Copper(Cu): 10

Lead(Pb): 0

Tin(Sn): 0

Moly(Mo): 38

Nickel(Ni): 0

Manganese 0

Silver(Ag): 0

Titanium(Ti): 0

Potassium(K): 2

Boron(B): 4

Silicon(Si): 8

Sodium(Na): 2

Calcium:(Ca) 2083

Magnesium(Mg): 18

Phosphorus(P): 636

Zinc(Zn) 741

Barium(Ba): 0

SUS Vis @210F: 51.9

cSt Vis @100C: 7.85

Flashpoint F: 392

Fuel %:
Antifreeze: 0.0

Water: 0.0

Insolubles % 0.1

All comments are welcome.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Was this oil labelled as the Pennzoil "Gold" blend?

The dealer changed the oil last year. He said it was a Pennzoil blend but did not give details other then that.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
As you can see time isn't hurting your oil. I would extend to two years.

The copper seems high for less than 900 miles.
Low viscosity outside of the range it should be was also reported.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Change oil by miles, not the calendar. Go at least 5000 miles.

Lexus recommends changing the oil ever 5000 miles or every 6 months. I think they this this after the Toyota slug problem. The car is still under the original new car warranty and an extended use car warranty the owner got.

Those short trips are just begging for a super low viscosity 20 weight oil.
You are in luck that the 09 ES350 is back specced to use 5/20 and 0w20 oil.
TGMO 0w20 would be an excellent oil for these conditions.
Might be something to look into....

Originally Posted By: Roob
Those short trips are just begging for a super low viscosity 20 weight oil.
You are in luck that the 09 ES350 is back specced to use 5/20 and 0w20 oil.
TGMO 0w20 would be an excellent oil for these conditions.
Might be something to look into....

I get a lot of hits when I google for oil viscosity 09 ES350 and cannot find this. Do you have an official Lexus link for this?

Well thanks for posting. Horrid shear most likely due to the short trips. I wish we knew "for sure" it was the Pennzoil dexos or Gold blend they've been selling off the shelf as I've yet to see a UOA/VOA on one.

If this truly is a Pennzoil syn blend my potential disappointment has been realized, I was hoping for PYB's add pack with a 50% Grp III base. I woulda bought it last time for the KIA if I'd have known that was it, now I'm glad I didn't. Not that it's a bad oil by any means, but it apparently was not what I was hoping for as I suspected.

If it was the same as PYB I also wanted to run it in the Jeep for next winter. My Jeep runs quieter on PYB than any other oil.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
If this truly is a Pennzoil syn blend my potential disappointment has been realized, I was hoping for PYB's add pack with a 50% Grp III base.

That's part of the problem... we can't be too sure as to *what* it really is. We only know what the dealer *claimed* it was...

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
If this truly is a Pennzoil syn blend my potential disappointment has been realized, I was hoping for PYB's add pack with a 50% Grp III base.

That's part of the problem... we can't be too sure as to *what* it really is. We only know what the dealer *claimed* it was...

Exactly, wish this had come out of a jug from Wally's then we'd know for sure.

Originally Posted By: Roob
Sure do.
Here's the link for the Lexus oil application chart. You can also confirm with your Lexus dealer to.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2467275&page=1

Thanks lot.
smile.gif

But I just realize it will be about two years before I will use it. I put in pppp 5w-30 when I changed the oil. I also got a second jug & 1 quart of pppp 5w-30 because of the rebates, Pennzoil warranty rebate and the fuel rewards discount.

Will the 20 weight cause any problems should the car be driven over 20 miles in the summer?

PS
An additional nice thing about the 0W20 is it the same oil as my 2013 Accord uses.

Last edited:
Ive got a fill of Pennzoil Synthetic Blend currently in the Durango with a 4.7L . I think I might do a uoa on it to see what this oil is about. Its run smooth in the 4.7L but needs to be changed. 6 months and 4k on almost entirely short tripping around town.

Originally Posted By: Thax
Ive got a fill of Pennzoil Synthetic Blend currently in the Durango with a 4.7L . I think I might do a uoa on it to see what this oil is about. Its run smooth in the 4.7L but needs to be changed. 6 months and 4k on almost entirely short tripping around town.

Oh please do you'd be the hero of BITOG a lot of talk about PSB and no UOA's hard to believe.

I have 5500 miles on my current fill of PSB in the DGC. My only reservation for not completing a UOA is the fact that I have topped off with 3 qts of PSB throughout the OCI.

Would it even be worth it?

Well thanks for posting. Horrid shear most likely due to the short trips. I wish we knew "for sure" it was the Pennzoil dexos or Gold blend they've been selling off the shelf as I've yet to see a UOA/VOA on one.

If this truly is a Pennzoil syn blend my potential disappointment has been realized, I was hoping for PYB's add pack with a 50% Grp III base. I woulda bought it last time for the KIA if I'd have known that was it, now I'm glad I didn't. Not that it's a bad oil by any means, but it apparently was not what I was hoping for as I suspected.

If it was the same as PYB I also wanted to run it in the Jeep for next winter. My Jeep runs quieter on PYB than any other oil.

Agreed. We use PSB in our Corrolla and really like how the vehicle sounds and runs on it. Was hoping this UOA was for synblend but I guess we don't know for sure. I too was hoping for PYB add pack in PSB and it looks like there's still hope but I'm doubting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back