Do Rhino ramps get your car up high enough ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I'd be using the ramps for are oil changes and changing the anti-sway bar bushings. The anti-sway bar bushings are supposed to be changed with the tires touching the ground and the full weight of the car on the suspension. I don't really need the car up too high to do that. Just need the car up high enough to get my overstuffed skeleton under there.

Honestly another inch higher would be perfect, but they're very good just the way they are.

Agree with the fact that the Rhino Ramps are decent the way that they are!

I had to buy them as my old steel ramps were too high to drive up on with some of todays new cars and their lower front fascias.

If you lay on the ground they are *probably* high enough. I use a mechanics creeper and Rhino Ramps are not high enough. They lift 6" which was not enough so I bought a set of ramps with 10" of lift and they work beautifully.

I changed the sway bar bushings about 6 times on our Chrysler Town & Country and the Rhino Ramps worked great for that. There was enough room, but just barely.

I just changed the sway bar bushings and brackets on the Audi last week while on 12,000 lb Rhinos. There was just enough room to manuever around on a low profile creeper and use a cordless impact to get them in and out.

But it would have been nice to have 2-3 more inches of clearance to work with. Maybe without the creeper it would have been the amount of room I was looking for, but I'm too old to be rolling around on the garage floor any longer.

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Honestly another inch higher would be perfect, but they're very good just the way they are.

Lay a piece of 2X6 on the ramp. That will give you another 1 1/2"

I do with a 2x10 on occasion. It would be nice to have just an extra inch build into the ramp.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

I do with a 2x10 on occasion. It would be nice to have just an extra inch build into the ramp.

Then screw the 2X10 to the bottom of the ramp ...
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back