Do you prefer quarts or jugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
My friend, you must have some pretty impressive upper body strength to hold a 5 gal pail with one hand and a funnel with the other!

No, I'm tiny. I use a 5 litre, graduated oil measuring cup I got from Partsource or Canadian Tire. When using five litre and four litre jugs, I learned long ago to have a proper, wide mouthed funnel.
wink.gif
The one I use now sits just fine in the G's fill hole without being touched.

Originally Posted By: Bud
Had to grin at this one. I am old enough to remember changing the oil on my cars using the metal spout on the oil cans for oil changes. My how time have changed, and for the better as far as oil changes.

+1; it was VERY satisfying to get it right without spilling any.

Kevin

I prefer WalMart 5.+ Qt Jags. Cheap per Qt. I have several Qt bottle around to add to 7.2 Qt for my LX470. And for my small cars using 4.0Qts, I just pour in 4Qt and leave 1Qt around for add up.

I prefer gallon jugs for every thing. My pickup takes 1.5 gallons. My compact tractor takes 1 gallon. And my semi truck takes 10 gallons. For the tractor and the semi, which use the same oil, I refill jugs from a 55 gallon drum. All my oil either comes in 55 drums for the diesels, or a case or more of gallons for the pickup, since it uses a different viscosity

And the drums are great for waste oil. A local outfit takes the oil for use in their shop heater during the winter.

I prefer jugs, but if any of the 3 vehicles ever use oil during an OCI, I would probably carry a quart for top-off reasons. Lucky I haven't had to carry any oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back