AC Delco Wiper Blades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't used these in a while.

Time to pop off the winter blades of our truck, and I don't like the chain store options.

Ours takes the 8-2221.

Anybody running Delcos, and how do they fare?

Yes, that's all I run in 4 vehicles.

Excellent.
thumbsup2.gif

Are the AC Delco blades OEM, if so, where can they be purchased?

It seems as if the factory blades outlast anything I purchase over the counter.

Sounds like the Delcos are OK.

That's what we'll get.

I'm not sure these are what the factory or dealers fit, as they have a separate GM part no. and is packed in standard GM parts fashion. Also about $5-6 more per blade.

Originally Posted By: BlindBaby
Are the AC Delco blades OEM, if so, where can they be purchased?

It seems as if the factory blades outlast anything I purchase over the counter.

Amazon. I've had good luck with Delco also.

AC Delco has several different lines, so be sure to get the OEM line. I ordered the "Advantage" beam wipers from Rock Auto for my Vibe, and they contacted each other when installed. I was past the return window, so I had to run one new and one old together.

The Advantage also didn't wipe for anything in this application, so I finally ordered an new pair of OEMs from an online GM supplier. They're just like the originals, and wipe perfectly. (The AC Delco rear blade for this car looks just like the Trico Exact Fit from Advance, but nothing local looks like the front ones.)

These are their "Professional" line, which is their higher grade.

If they don't work out, I'll let everyone know.

I'm expecting 2 strong years, as I run winter blades half the year on this one.

The Anco winter blades coming off were surprisingly good, and I think I can squeeze another season out of them, too.

Ideally I like OEM wiper blades with replaceable rubber inserts. It's faster and cheaper to replace and there is much less waste. The only part in the wiper blade that wears out is the rubber; so, there is no point in replacing the whole thing unless they don't make refill inserts.

It's a truck. The perfect edge on the Bosch will get chewed up in no time.

Tried them on a couple of Volvos, though. They're good blades, but the OEM Valeos hold up longer for about the same price.

On the R129, I use the one blade the Mercedes dealer gave me when I first bought it. It makes one wipe per year, at inspection time.

I do use them on my truck, average service life seems to be somewhere in the 3-5 year range.

Not seeing how it matters, maybe if you go mud bogging a lot they get chewed up?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back