Bosch Premium 3423 Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This came off of the Burb after a 7,700 mile/9.5 month run (2x OLM) of PU. With the Purolator torn media drama over the past few months, I was wondering what I would find. Everything looks great. Thick, sturdy can and base plate, pliable silicon ADBV, nice even pleats, a lot of media area, and only minimal waving at the glued seam.

IMG_20140426_164418_781_zps4mi2bkbx.jpg

IMG_20140427_135446_289_zpsnotb7t5n.jpg

IMG_20140427_135815_301_zpsykfc5liu.jpg

IMG_20140427_135836_126_zpscyxrqjpp.jpg

IMG_20140427_135854_220_zps9vj6ogqo.jpg

I use the bosch premium for 3 different vehicles. Never cut one open but its reassuring to see others have good luck with it. thanks!

Looks like its did its Job.

They have FILTECH Filtration... correct?

Is that to say they have the same filter media as a Honda A01 Oil Filter?

Non the less, it did a great job.

Dirty on the filter and not in the engine.

Fyi, according to long time member Gary Allan (rip), the name Filtech is just the name Bosch gave it's media and it dates back at least to the time when Champ used to manufacture Bosch filters.

And based on the current and recently updated Bosch website, it appears they have now done away with that name. Imo and based on information posted on this board, BP media likely still most similar to P1 now.

rockauto has the oe style bosch filter for many applications for a little less than the premium with the filtech media.

I guess it might depend on which vehicle the filter is for, but is there any difference besides the media?

Originally Posted By: lockguy
rockauto has the oe style bosch filter for many applications for a little less than the premium with the filtech media.

I guess it might depend on which vehicle the filter is for, but is there any difference besides the media?

Bosch is a multinational company with manufacturing at several locations.

Bosch filters and batteries made in the USA and those made in Europe have nothing in common except the name.

actually what i meant was for instance, my 2010 ford transit connect uses a bosch 3330 or 72161. the 3330 is the premium with the filtech media, the 72161 is the oe style. im wondering how different are the filters besides the media being different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back