Predator 22hp V-twin

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTK

As long as OHV import OPE engines have been available to us, I'm surprised it's taken this many years before chonda V-twins became available. Today in the mail I got a Harbor Freight Tools sales flyer/paper that lists a Predator 22hp V-twin for $599, on sale with the regular single cyl lineup. It's a horizontal shaft model, with an oil cooler on the side. Interestingly enough, I can't find it online anywhere. It's probably a Lifan like this, or a copy thereof:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/LIFAN-1-in-22...V78DS/202184112

They have similar Chinese engines on some of the Craftsman riding mowers. I've never heard one run or use one, since they are pretty new. I did see a guy at the store open the hood on one the display models, shake his head, and walk away.
lol.gif

Yeah, I've seen some larger single cyl chondas on some of today's lower-end riding mowers, but I've yet to see a chonda V-twin in one. I swear they make some of the engine cowling look like a V-twin, when they're not.

Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
I just got the online flyer and I can't find a 22 hp motor of any type in it. The biggest I see is 13 hp.,,

It's on some printed ads apparently, but not listed online.

Did a little digging online and apparently HFT listed it in some recent adds prematurely. HFT says it won't be available until later this Summer. Here's the pic and price (near center of page).

10174935_10201949669763211_5189682271467149362_n.jpg

that's pretty dirt-cheap for a 2-banger. If it holds up like some of the chondas do it could be an interesting motor.

I noticed that the engine in the Home Depot link has splash lube. Isn't pressurized lube the standard for an engine this size?

Ed

Originally Posted By: edhackett
I noticed that the engine in the Home Depot link has splash lube. Isn't pressurized lube the standard for an engine this size?

Ed

It looks like the filter might be behind the oil cooler ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back