Do you prefer quarts or jugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The jugs generally come with an attitude, like every engine out there desires them.

Now the pints, the pints and quarts are more appreciative, they try harder, and they age better.

Originally Posted By: wrcsixeight
The jugs generally come with an attitude, like every engine out there desires them.

Now the pints, the pints and quarts are more appreciative, they try harder, and they age better.

Thats a joke correct?

However I have seen the addative package settle to the bottom of the jugs and you would need to give them a shake.

Personally I think there is no difference between the Jugs or the Quarts other then the price.

Originally Posted By: David1
Originally Posted By: wrcsixeight

Thats a joke correct?

However I have seen the addative package settle to the bottom of the jugs and you would need to give them a shake.

Personally I think there is no difference between the Jugs or the Quarts other then the price.

I belive the oil companies put a lesser quality oil in the quarts!

I like quarts better. Especially when they're on sale in an oil change special, which is the only time I buy oil anyway. OTOH if I had to buy oil that wasn't on sale, then I'd go to Walmart and grab a 5 qt. jug.

As far as the quality of the product, the oil in a qt. or a jug is exactly the same. The only difference is how its package.

Jugs are great for changes and give you a handy container for the used oil.
Quarts are much handier for adds, although I have done adds with a jug with no funnel and no mess.
Either container size is fine by me, although jugs are typically a much better buy than quarts.

I understand completely.helping my dad change oil was one of the first car maintainance things I learned.Getting the spout in just right so oil did noy run down the side of the old cardboard qts was my job.
I prefer qts myself but will use both.It takes a little longer useing qts but I am never in a hurry doing an oil change.
New cars now dont require much diy upkeep so boys growing up for the most part dont know much about cars
Now if they want mors hp they just change a chip.
I had to change the cam,intake and carb,add headers,change the curve in the dist. Etc
Thats why about all kids can do now is put big wheels and tires on their cars and crank up the bass

Had to grin at this one. I am old enough to remember changing the oil on my cars using the metal spout on the oil cans for oil changes. My how time have changed, and for the better as far as oil changes.

You do realize that cams swaps are just as prevalent now as they were, "in the good old days", right? The tuner chips are just one part of a whole slew of aftermarket modifications including camshafts, ported throttle bodies, resized drive belt pulleys, and superchargers and turbochargers. Young men and women "these days" have just as much(if not more) automotive knowledge in the 21st century as people did in the dark ages of carbs and distributors, both of which should be subject to public execution.

Originally Posted By: Bud
Had to grin at this one. I am old enough to remember changing the oil on my cars using the metal spout on the oil cans for oil changes. My how time have changed, and for the better as far as oil changes.

I always thought that the metal punch-in spout was more trouble than it was worth, although I still have one.
In the days of cans, I used a church key and a funnel.

I prefer quarts just for convenience, but I purchase jugs for the price savings.

If I'm changing oil in something that requires 6qt, I'll buy a jug and a quart.

I know that there are still young folks that can do their own work.when I was in high school I would say that 9 out of 10 guys could tune up their own car and change their oil.
i deal with teens everyday and for the most part they know where the gas goes and thats it.
Its not really their fault.cars just dont need the same maintainance as in the past and if their dad grew up not doing it then they wont be as interested in cars.jmo

Jugs seem to store better on the shelf but I prefer the quart bottles especially when pouring in the engine. Both have their +/-'s.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Ideally, I prefer a five gallon pail.

My friend, you must have some pretty impressive upper body strength to hold a 5 gal pail with one hand and a funnel with the other!

I hate even 4/5 quart/litre jugs for the same reason; potentially very messy especially when they are full. I only buy the jugs if there is a significant price savings or no other option.
I then usually pour the contents into some empty qt/L bottles before adding to the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back