How many engine hours on your GM 4.3L ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sold my blazer with 250k miles...translate that to hours... and it ran like the day I bought it.

Our 1999 S-10 has 195,000 miles on it and runs great even with who knows how old the spark plugs are, which are getting changed this weekend.

Even the original 4L60 tranny shifts like it came from the factory.

My truck shows about 4k on the display but my meter reset in the 40k mile range. Probably around 5k-6k.

I had 2100 hours on my 4.3 Mercruiser before a rebuild. It would have gone longer, but I wanted to do a rebuild to ensure reliability. When I tore it down, there were hardly any signs of wear less crankshaft endplay. It ran on straight 40W less cold weather.

Is there a formula to translate mileage into hours? Naturally I would guess its not completely accurate since it cant calculate speed into the mix.

My trip meter says 1,248 hours for the last 45,000 miles - avg speed 36.2mph.

So that should be pretty close if your driving pattern is similar to mine.

Originally Posted By: Michael_P
I had 2100 hours on my 4.3 Mercruiser before a rebuild. It would have gone longer, but I wanted to do a rebuild to ensure reliability. When I tore it down, there were hardly any signs of wear less crankshaft endplay. It ran on straight 40W less cold weather.

Yes, these 4.3s were surprisingly hardy on the water. I've seen a couple break 3000 hrs. But at 2100 hours, that engine owed you absolutely nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back