*NEW* Bridgestone DriveGuard

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Bridgestone run flat

Keeps You Moving for 50 Miles
DriveGuard tires are specifically engineered to be able to take a puncture and keep you moving. Their supportive and tough reinforced sidewalls help ensure your mobility for up to 50 miles at a maximum speed of 50 mph.

Stays Cool Under Pressure
Thanks to our proprietary patented high-tech cooling fin design and reinforced sidewall rubber, DriveGuard tires redistribute heat and friction after a puncture, you can keep driving for up to 50 miles, even after complete air loss

Delivers a Quiet, Comfortable Ride
With DriveGuard, there’s no need to sacrifice ride comfort for peace of mind. Lightweight construction and a unique all-season tread pattern work together to provide ride comfort, confident wet traction, and responsive steering control.

Notifies Your Car's TPMS
DriveGuard tires are designed for vehicles equipped with a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). So when the indicator on your dashboard lights up, you know you’ve got 50 miles to drive to safety.

Protection When It Counts
Every DriveGuard tire comes complete with the DriveGuard Protection Package – one of the most comprehensive warranty packages in the business – so you know you’re choosing a tire that has you covered when it matters most.

I saw the new Bridgestone Dueler Alenza Plus post, and thought I would share this also. For those of you that don't know, I sold my tire shop and went to work for the largest tire distributor in the nation. We recently had our regional meeting, and got to see some of the new products that vendors are coming out with.

Bridgestone brought this tire in as part of their presentation. Seems like a really nice tire. Granted, this tire is not for everyone, nor is it being manufactured for every application. Yet. BSFS plans on making a version of this tire available for the entire market in the future. Very impressive. BSFS has dumped more money into the production and (soon to be) promotion of this tire than any other in their history.

Cooper has a new tire coming out also for light truck (P & LT) applications that is not out yet. Very impressive. I don't know if I can discuss it yet. I'll check and see, and if so, I'll clue you guys in later.

Enjoy.

Other than "Delivers a Quiet, Comfortable Ride", what else is new here? My RFTs will do 50 miles at 50 MPH. If TPMS monitor pressure, I dont get whats different there, and given our other thread about running on an empty RFT tire, staying cool isnt much of a consolation, given that the tire is done anyway...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Other than "Delivers a Quiet, Comfortable Ride", what else is new here?

I think that is the main differentiator here. Most previously made RFTs are known for not being very comfortable.

Quote:

staying cool isnt much of a consolation, given that the tire is done anyway...

Yup...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=183

Originally Posted By: TireRack
While only showing light abrasion on the flat tire's sidewalls, innerliner wrinkling was visible when the tire was dismounted. Innerliner wrinkling confirmed the tire had sacrificed itself being run flat and would require replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back