Adding Lubro Moly Oil saver will increase grade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Yannick
Hi,

By adding one can of Lubro Moly Oil saver in 5liters of 10w30 , will change the grade to what approx? 15w40?

Liqui Moly Oil Saver (fka Lubro Moly Oil Saver) shouldn't change the grade at all. From the manufacturer's website, it says:

Regenerates rubber and plastic engine seals such as shaft seals and valve stem
seals and prevents oil stains under the vehicle. Counteracts oil dilution. Reduces
engine noise and oil consumption through piston rings and valve guides.

It swells rubber seals or at least makes them more pliable.

You may be thinking of Motor Honey or STP?

Motor Oil Saver is an ester-based additive. It will thicken up the oil slightly, but nothing major.

Originally Posted By: 147_Grain
A VOA of Lubro Moly a few years ago showed viscosity characteristics similar to a 5W-30.

Here's an example from 2008 VOA:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1234989

We are talking about the Motor Oil saver in this thread, NOT the MOS2.

The Motor Oil Saver IS one of the most viscous additives I've ever seen anywhere (even more so than the old VSOT stuff), but, as has been stated, adding 300ml of it to 5+ quarts of oil will not do much to change the HTHSV, nor the cSt @100*C.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

The Motor Oil Saver IS one of the most viscous additives I've ever seen anywhere (even more so than the old VSOT stuff), but, as has been stated, adding 300ml of it to 5+ quarts of oil will not do much to change the HTHSV, nor the cSt @100*C.
wink.gif

What I observed is different with yours, VSOT is much thicker than Lubro Moly Oil Saver.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: dailydriver

wink.gif

What I observed is different with yours, VSOT is much thicker than Lubro Moly Oil Saver.

You are probably correct on this as I have not handled the VSOT product in MANY years now, and have forgotten just how 'frozen molasses-like' that stuff was.
wink.gif
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back