Which Mityvac to get?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
I always switch the rubber stopper to off as soon as I finish dispensing old fluid to a recycle container, that way the rubber goes back to normal size and easy to pull up.

Unfortunately, I pour recycle oil out the Mityvac rubber stopper's opening!

I usually carry the Mityvac to the local Advance Auto & pour it out from there.

Does the Mityvac have any marking on the outside to show how many liters or quarts extracted?

Thanks.

Bump, thinking about buying one of these to do a brake bleed. Has anyone had any experience with this?

I did for all my cars. I had Motive Power Bleeder and found that it did okay for front wheels but it was very slow, almost as slow as gravity bleed, for rear wheels for LS400 and E430. When I tried the Mityvac 7201, it works excellent for both front and rear wheels for all my cars. The bleeding time was less than 2 minutes per wheel, it took me much longer to raise the car, remove the wheel, re-install the wheel and lower the car.

I was so happy with Mityvac in bleeding the brake system, I sold the Motive Power Bleeder on Craigslist. I think there is no better tool to do brake bleeding than a good fluid extractor such as Mityvac.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Bump, thinking about buying one of these to do a brake bleed. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Are you changing your mind about the Motive?

Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels
Originally Posted By: The Critic

Are you changing your mind about the Motive?

Yes, I no longer have a car that I can use it for.

I loved mine had it a week or so. used it a bunch already love changing ATF with it. My 3800 won't work with it. Everything else perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back