Mom's car totaled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, well my mom can't drive stick, and has no interest in learning. Plus the 95 is sitting with no heads on the motor while I try to scrounge up a set of AFR Renegade heads.

She wants a sedan, and the Fusion is the right Ford product for what she wants.

you haven't happened to swap a Cobra Rear end into your 95, for I.R.S. have you?

I ask b/c my brother just bought a (according to my dad "Shelby rear end") for his 98 GT. he has run into a slight problem, there is one part, where the "new" part uses a captive bolt in the frame, while the factory one does not have a bolt in that location.

the info he's found online, is to cut a hole from inside the trunk.
looking for a non hole cutting method to utilize.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
you haven't happened to swap a Cobra Rear end into your 95, for I.R.S. have you?

I ask b/c my brother just bought a (according to my dad "Shelby rear end") for his 98 GT. he has run into a slight problem, there is one part, where the "new" part uses a captive bolt in the frame, while the factory one does not have a bolt in that location.

the info he's found online, is to cut a hole from inside the trunk.
looking for a non hole cutting method to utilize.

Nope, my 95 still had a GT rear. It has 04 Cobra rear discs and calipers though. I will be pulling the rear to swap in a Torsen T2R and 3.73 gears at some point.

As far as a replacement car, she has found a 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD EcoBoost. She found a color called "Dark Side" that looks like a black base coat with green and blue flake sprayed over it. The car she found is fully loaded, so now we will dealer trade for it through my work and buy it under D-Plan.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Haha, well my mom can't drive stick, and has no interest in learning. Plus the 95 is sitting with no heads on the motor while I try to scrounge up a set of AFR Renegade heads.

She wants a sedan, and the Fusion is the right Ford product for what she wants.

You sure that she can handle all the techy nonsence in those cars?

We were considering getting the GF's mom a 2011 Fusion, but she isn't into texting and wont' understand half of the features on that car.

We decided on a 2011 Sonata instead. Far simpler interior that's easier for an older person to operate

IMHO, cars these days have become needlessly complex with the features. No longer is it only for safety sake, now everyone expects every car to be able to do everything else too!

How is it possible for a Ford with thicker sheetmetal to get crumpled like that and a Toyota that is almost all plastic looks to be in good shape?

Originally Posted By: whizbyu
How is it possible for a Ford with thicker sheetmetal to get crumpled like that and a Toyota that is almost all plastic looks to be in good shape?

33.gif

Originally Posted By: hypervish

33.gif

Do we know that the Toyota in the pic's was the vehicle that did the damage?

The Highlander in the pics was the one that did the damage. The front bumper was off and there was damage underneath the bumper. Her airbags did not deploy.

My mom brought her (the lady that hit her) some flowers today because although it has impacted us greatly, it has to be horrible on her. I got home today and she was out front of the house with my mom a thing of flowers. She really feels horrible about the whole thing, she has young twin boys. Not excusing what she did, but still on a human level both of our lives have been impacted by this.

Someone mentioned fluid on the road, that was from my sprinkler being an overachiever and watering the asphalt as well as my grass.

I am going down tomorrow to pick up her car from a dealer in LA. It is a 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD Ecoboost. I have to hand it to my mom, she did the "Build and Price" thing on Ford's webpage and printed it out and had me go to work and find it for her. The car I found is about as close as possible to what she wanted. It actually has more options than she asked for. This will be her first new car since her 1977 Mustang and 1968 Mustang before. She wants NAV and Sync. She loves the setup in my '14 Mustang and wanted as close to that as possible.

Originally Posted By: hypervish

33.gif

Am I missing something here?

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
My mom brought her (the lady that hit her) some flowers today because although it has impacted us greatly, it has to be horrible on her. I got home today and she was out front of the house with my mom a thing of flowers. She really feels horrible about the whole thing, she has young twin boys. Not excusing what she did, but still on a human level both of our lives have been impacted by this.

Thank you for posting this, as in today's society far too many people would only be concerned with the effects the incident had on themselves. It's good to know that there are still some people out there that can experience a negative situation like this and have the wherewithal to actually think about the other person's well being instead of fixating on their own material possessions.

Picked the new car up from the Ford dealer in Glendale, CA this morning. We are buying it from my work, just did a dealer trade because they had the one she wanted. Normally we have a hired driver handle this, but my mom wanted me to drive it so it would not be abused.

Here is a pic of the car that seriously does not do the paint justice.

Is that the Dark Side color? I love that color, no picture I have seen ever does it justice.

Nice car.

Originally Posted By: pottymouth
Is that the Dark Side color? I love that color, no picture I have seen ever does it justice.

Nice car.

Yup it is. My mom has not seen it yet in person. I keep telling her it is like my friend's 2004 Mystichrome Cobra or my old boss' 1996 Mystic Cobra, you have to see it to understand.

I had it parked in front of my department for a few hours, there were a couple crowds around it at different times and literally 2 people pulled in off the street and tried to buy it.

We were trying to figure out if they named it after "dark side of the moon" or if someone at Ford was a huge Star Wars fan.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
People who "just black out" shouldn't be anywhere near a car, let alone driving one.

Most states your license is suspended if the Police hear 'blacked out'. Medical evaluation to get it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back