vibrating 330 polaris.l

Status
Not open for further replies.
last year i bought my wife a 2013 polaris 330 trailblazer. the thing vibrates like nothing i have ever seen. it puts her hands and feet to sleep. all the motor and trans mounts are tight as is the weird bolt under it that you tighten up against the frame. that makes no sense to me anyway.
the handlebars will move 2 inches with it just idling.its also extreemly underpowered so i wonder if the 2 are related but its not misfiring or running bad.

anybody familiar with this?

Weird. I don't recall the 330 being a paint shaker... If I remember tomorrow, I'll ask my friend what he thinks. He was a Polaris MSD at a dealer for a few years- maybe he has heard of something.

I know the 330's weren't rockets though...

ya a paint shaker is a great comparison. it even sounds like one. the thing calls for 2w50. thats not available so i put polaris 5w50 in it. i recently bought a 5w 40 for it so maybe a thinner oil will bring back some power.

I have 17 Polaris atvs. 2 330's and 2 325's. None of them vibrate like that. The 330's I have run quite well also. I am thinking you have a serious issue with a Crank and the under powered issues you spoke of before probably do have a lot to do with it. The Polaris 330's I have run decent, a lot of Torque and they don't lose power, they just don't seem fast, but plenty of Torque, being a 2013, I would be taking it back to the dealership. That isn't right. All mine are smooth. Are you sure, its not the reverse limiter stuck? Ive had that happen and they will be powerless and shake. I can tell you how to eliminate it. I just did it on the one 325. Its not hard, but they did make it more complicated on the new ones.

with the help of my wife we got it flipped up on the back. that thing is a heavy beast. i checked every nut and bolt i saw. nothing loose. the reverse limiter works in reverse. its not missing or sputtering,just really underpowered and vibrates a lot. i went and put a new spark plug in it but have not tried it yet.

i got a chance to ride it tonight. its hugly improved! im guessing it had a bad sparkplug. weird as im usually pretty good about being in touch with whatever im driving. its no where near as fast as my ltz but i did get the front end up

Good to hear you may have gotten to the bottom of it.

I finally remembered to talk to my friend about it- he said no common issues with it. Maybe a bad motor mount?

I also did some thinking on it- a burned (flat spotted) or chunked belt will give vibration when moving. A badly worn belt can be the cause of power loss. Worn or damaged clutches can give vibes or power loss too. I don't have a lot of experience on quads, but know Polaris's snowmobile clutches pretty well- and their quads work pretty similar.

If you got the front end up, its definitely running right. A lot of people buy Polaris and think they might be high performance, when they really are more of a utility/recreational quad. They are built super tough. They run forever too. They are just more farm equipment type quads. Great you got it, I never would have guessed a spark plug, that's a first in a four stroke, for me.

Also check inside the plug boot- it's a pretty common problem. It may be rusted or corroded inside and changing the spark plug may have given you a good enough connection to make it run correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back