E-mail reply from Mills on CCW policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not starting another thread for a urinating contest... Just to post up their reply to an e-mail I sent them, thanking them for their support. Unfortunately the last thread was locked before I could post, so lets keep it down to a dull roar. I know there are lots of very strong feelings on the topic, but keep the replies moderate please.

Anyway, I was so pleased to see their stance posted in writing at the door, I e-mailed them, thanking them. I didn't expect a response, but today I was pleasantly surprised- and now I'd like those interested on the topic to see for themselves.

This is what they had to say:

Quote:
Subject: Concealed Carry Law

Dear Mr. The_Eric:

Thank you for your email of April 19, 2014 and for visiting our Ankeny store.

We appreciate your kind comments regarding our Concealed Carry Gun policy. This is who we are, what we support, and strive to encourage.
Cannot imagine having any other position on this issue.

Again, Mr. The_Eric, thank you for emailing us, for your inquiry and for being our customer.

Sincerely,

Stewart C. Mills, Jr.
Co-Owner

Here in Texas they have to have the official 30-06 sign,or it won`t hold water.

I wish Texas would become an open carry state.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

Would you explain?

you've got it mixed up- this store has a sign up saying they welcome CCW.

I'd imagine this fellow is part of the family ownership and a high-up in the business. Nice when folks like that (or their secretaries) reply. Reminds me of some of the lubromoly discussions that have been posted on here before.

And for the record, I applaud this company for doing what they do. Too bad emotion took over vs reading in the other thread.

The Mills family still owns the FleetFarm stores outright IIRC, as well as a couple GM dealerships and one huge Ford dealership in MN. They and the Blain family out of WI (oweners of Farm & Fleet in the midwest) who they seem to have a gentleman's agreement with to both compete yet cooperate with are top notch. Tractor supply co. here in FL is an OK substitute but I sure do miss having either of those stores to shop at.

Originally Posted By: evanautumn
you've got it mixed up- this store has a sign up saying they welcome CCW.

^^Yep. I misunderstood the original post. I thought it was a store that was anti-concealed carry.

You'd think TX of all states would already be! Amazing.

We have open carry here, but so what? No one open carries here.

Originally Posted By: Nayov

You'd think TX of all states would already be! Amazing.

We have open carry here, but so what? No one open carries here.

Yeah, me too.

Iowa is an open carry state as well, but I've only seen two people actually open carrying.

North Carolina is an open carry state. Most folks don't know, but out in the country it's done. More or less on an as needed basis. The major cities are all extreme anti gun. Charlotte has regular gun assaults in certain areas. It's no big thing.

Wayne

The thing I like about open carry like we have here in Indiana is that when one reaches for something on the top shelf exposing your sidearm its no big thing.

Accidently exposing your firearm is of no consequence.

Originally Posted By: jcwit
The thing I like about open carry like we have here in Indiana is that when one reaches for something on the top shelf exposing your sidearm its no big thing.

Accidently exposing your firearm is of no consequence.
We almost had open carry in FL that would have addressed that very issue. The NRA scrabbled at the last minute and killed it so they could use it later for more contributions. In return we got added language that is up to each officers interpretation of what was going through your mind when the gun was exposed. I.E. we got nothing.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I'd imagine this fellow is part of the family ownership and a high-up in the business. Nice when folks like that (or their secretaries) reply. Reminds me of some of the lubromoly discussions that have been posted on here before.

And for the record, I applaud this company for doing what they do. Too bad emotion took over vs reading in the other thread.

I agree this fellow or his executive secretary is way cool for writing this and applaud their actions. This is the only reason I posted this.

It is too bad that people got all hot and bothered about it, though I too have done it- it's easy to do.

I've seen a few people carry openly in North Carolina, and usually in the rural areas. I haven't yet carried open; just concealed. I'm not sure I'm comfortable yet with that kind of "attention".

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I've seen a few people carry openly in North Carolina, and usually in the rural areas. I haven't yet carried open; just concealed. I'm not sure I'm comfortable yet with that kind of "attention".

I have open carried while walking with my wife with the dogs.

Open carry in the field is fine. I've done that and it makes sense.

Open carry in public invites unwanted attention of many varieties. I wouldn't recommend it.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Open carry in the field is fine. I've done that and it makes sense.

Open carry in public invites unwanted attention of many varieties. I wouldn't recommend it.

Also makes you the "shoot me first target" if a nutjob goes on a spree.

Agreed.

On of the many forms of unwanted attention.

Other forms might include random macho clowns who want to show you they're tougher by trying to grab your weapon; criminals seeking to acquire a new weapon (by committing a crime, which is how they get weapons in the first place); vocal adherents of the anti gun crowd who feel empowered to share their perspective; some members of law enforcement who may question your motivation...

I am certain there are other forms of that unwanted attention as well...but I've no desire to experience any of them. I'll carry concealed in public.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Agreed.

On of the many forms of unwanted attention.

Other forms might include random macho clowns who want to show you they're tougher by trying to grab your weapon; criminals seeking to acquire a new weapon (by committing a crime, which is how they get weapons in the first place); vocal adherents of the anti gun crowd who feel empowered to share their perspective; some members of law enforcement who may question your motivation...

I am certain there are other forms of that unwanted attention as well...but I've no desire to experience any of them. I'll carry concealed in public.

Very much agree. The fewer folks know that I carry, the more I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back