Reputable info on minivans??

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the Ford two box on the wheel thing? They look different and seem to have lots of space inside. If you are allergic to minivan, that is something to consider.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
What about the Ford two box on the wheel thing? They look different and seem to have lots of space inside. If you are allergic to minivan, that is something to consider.

JH,
I think he means the new ford transit connect " don't call me a minivan" wagon .
what about those?
anybody has some insights?

I meant the Ford Flex; I mean if he does not like those girly minivans, this is the manly vehicle for him :)

I meant the Ford Flex; I mean if he does not like those girly minivans, this is the manly vehicle for him :)

and they come with AWD...
and they seem to drive better than they look.
(good idea Vikas)

20 cuft in the Flex vs. 33cuft in Caravan with all the seats up, and the Flex starts at $30k. The egobooster AWD one starts at $43k! Perhaps they are permanently discounted like the Caravan though?

Originally Posted By: tdpark
Go big or go home- Get a conversion sprinter- diesel engine, dual real axle if you want- ha

There's a family down the street from me that has a Chevrolet 1500 passenger van parked in their driveway. I told my wife that if we had the 4+ kids she wanted that we'd probably have to get one of those for her to drive around.

I suppose the upside is that you can get them for pretty cheap if you buy a used one.

Quote:
I told my wife that if we had the 4+ kids she wanted that we'd probably have to get one of those for her to drive around.
I guess threat of have to drive that thing must work as a great birth control device for your wife :)

Last edited:
Quote:
I told my wife that if we had the 4+ kids she wanted that we'd probably have to get one of those for her to drive around.
I guess threat of have to drive that thing must work as a great birth control device for your wife :)

My cousin wanted to get a 4wd Astro van for their 3 kids, but the wife did veto that too.
They ended up with a used awd Sienna, which was still more than a new Caravan, but does drive a bit nicer on everything but the logging roads than the Astro.

We bought a 2005 Grand Caravan that my wife loves despite many repairs, but honestly we will probably buy another one in the next couple of years. The price point on a Dodge Caravan is the main factor.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
20 cuft in the Flex vs. 33cuft in Caravan with all the seats up, and the Flex starts at $30k. The egobooster AWD one starts at $43k! Perhaps they are permanently discounted like the Caravan though?

Exactly. All these crossovers have worse rear legroom and less cargo space, plus similarly poor MPGs... What's the point?

Plus the sliding doors are highly utilitarian.

I dont get the whole concept that if you drive a minivan you checked your gender at the door, or that you just became your mom.

Go big or go home- Get a conversion sprinter- diesel engine, dual real axle if you want- ha

Actually a short, SRW sprinter would be quite awesome. Probably not much more expensive than a fancy odyssey and will probably last 3x longer.

Originally Posted By: Mykl

There's a family down the street from me that has a Chevrolet 1500 passenger van parked in their driveway. I told my wife that if we had the 4+ kids she wanted that we'd probably have to get one of those for her to drive around.

I suppose the upside is that you can get them for pretty cheap if you buy a used one.

Friends of ours have an E150. Might be E250 though, it's big and looks the part. But they have six kids.

Tell you what, it's useless in the snow. Brand new all seasons and they stay home until the roads are scrapped. I get the impression that snows would not help this beast.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I dont get the whole concept that if you drive a minivan you checked your gender at the door, or that you just became your mom.

Agreed. True manliness is about understanding your responsibilities and handling them appropriately. Getting a minivan because it's the best vehicle for your family is in fact more manly than compromising by getting a Ford Flex or whatever because you're afraid of what other people might think about your choice of vehicle.

jeff

Minivans rock! My family loves it and I love it when I got to HD and buy all kinds of stuff and not have to worry how to strap it to the car to get it home.

Exterior styling-wise, the Sienna SE is the clear winner by a long shot. Quest is the worst by a long shot. All others are boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back