Honda Filter 15400-PLM-A02 Are these counterfeit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I really need help....I recently purchased (10) OEM Honda oil filters from a seller on eBay.com When I received them, the first thing I notice is a pungent odor of what seems to be conventional motor oil. All (10) filters have been shrink wrapped expect that I notice (2) filters with a broken plastic hole in the center of the oil filter even though they're suppose to be sealed. Upon further inspection, I notice a very light gray color all around the black rubber seal? Is this normal? When I inspected inside the oil filter, I notice it looks very oily inside. Is this normal? I then took a photo of the oil filter with my camera and used a zoom finder on my desktop computer to magnify the image and notice a lot of scratches all around the oil filter.

So how questions are:

Is what I am seeing normal?
Are these counterfeit items?
How come the black rubber seals isn't all black? Exposure to heat?
How come the oil filter looks wet inside? Is it suppose to be dry?
How come the workmanship are poorly made even though they are made in the U.S.A.?

buying them from ebay wasnt a wise choice...
not saying go to honda dealer or anything but maybe amazon wouldve been a better choice.

good luck.

Post PICS of all sides like this and we can tell you what we think. From what I see it looks like a A02, but I cant see the sides.

Thank goodness I found a place on Amazon that sells the A01s for 6$ each and if you buy more then 1 shipping don't cost extra Anyways.

here are pics of the A01s brand new

these are the Cohibas of the Honda Filter.

5fn98l.jpg

ama4hh.jpg

Notice its made by FILTECH.. Your should say Made by Honeywell on them.

35daps6.jpg

2cg0qpc.jpg

21azuah.jpg

So take some more pics with your phone. It will help us all.

Also if they are fake return them and look for the REAL A01s

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Voltmaster
buying them from ebay wasnt a wise choice...
not saying go to honda dealer or anything but maybe amazon wouldve been a better choice.

good luck.

Yes Amazon is a better choice IMO...

I have proof of it.

Yes that looks like the real A02 to me.....

Also does it say Honeywell on it?

Also to bad you couldnt get the A01s but the A02 is still a good filter.

its bascially a FRAM TOUGH GAURD with better better fiber end caps....

Is it suppose to look oily inside? How come the (10) filters that I have are all discolored (light gray) all around the black color rubber seal?

Originally Posted By: Helpme
Is it suppose to look oily inside? How come the (10) filters that I have are all discolored (light gray) all around the black color rubber seal?

yea they put a tiny bit of oil inside... Most filters to that.

They look real to me.

Originally Posted By: Helpme
No it doesn't say Honeywell on it.

Its very small

like this

20140319_152354.jpg

here is a page that will show you many pics of the A02 Honda Filter.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3317174/Re:_Genuine_Honda_A02_cut_open

I wish you had more pics

also notice yours says 5U on the top / the steal part

look at this.

20140319_153057.jpg

Last edited:
Is it the same seller than sells 10 for $45? I've bought many packs from him before. I have a few left...but they're in my storage unit. I can check later this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back