scoped .270 - What is it worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 boxes of factory ammo with nothing else would be worth $150 or more in my area. Congrats on a good deal on your nice new deer rifle!
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Thanks guys, yes, it is immaculate, this guy cares for his guns very well, so I had no concerns about getting one from him.

I really look forward to trying it out on some fresh-from-service Enterprise drives I recently retired, mwa-hahahahh!

Bringing this back to life. I sold the Simmons to my buddy for his Win Mag and bought another Bushnell Elite 6500 for the .270.

I picked up the same scope that I have on my .223, as I'm really fond of it and shouldn't need anything higher than 16x for deer, which I've decided I'm going to use this gun for.

Scope is 2.5-16x50.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Looks nice, those scopes aren't cheap.

Thanks!

Yeah, you get what you pay for though
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Thanks!

smile.gif

Nice, that's a far cry from a Simmons Scope. Just curious, did you align those scope rings and lap them?

I see you're becoming a real gun buff, you might want to read up on aligning scope rings and lapping them if you haven't done so or never heard of it. Interesting stuff.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Thanks!

smile.gif

Nice, that's a far cry from a Simmons Scope. Just curious, did you align those scope rings and lap them?

I see you're becoming a real gun buff, you might want to read up on aligning scope rings and lapping them if you haven't done so or never heard of it. Interesting stuff.

Looks like I have some reading to do
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Thanks!

smile.gif

Looks like I have some reading to do
grin.gif

You'll be glad you did, especially if you get into precision shooting and high end optics.

Check out Picatinny rails while you're at it, they will work well on that rifle. I was able to get my .308 Savage out to 1000 yards with a Burris scope that didn't have enough elevation to make the trip. The rail I have on my Savage gave me another 20 MOA of elevation, and saved me a ton of money at the time too.

Great information, thanks!
thumbsup2.gif

Any time buddy, it makes me want to start shooting 1,000 yd. F-Class again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back