My Next oil change for under $25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KevGuy
Originally Posted By: Padawan
Looks good.

My most recent oil change was approximately $14 (USD) for one gallon of Super Tech 15W-40 and a Fram PH6607.

Is that Super Tech the Wally Mart stuff?

Yes

Edit: I'm assuming, as super tech is walmarts house brand.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Not sure I'd pour that quart of El Sludge-O in the oil pan with that wonderful PYB.

Okay, you know who makes PYB, right? SOPUS does so, as we're all aware. Do you know who makes Motomaster oil, or El Sludge-O? SOPUS.

I have a phobia about mixing anything, be it brands, tiers, or viscosities. I admit it's a phobia - it's irrational. But it's no less rational than fearing one SOPUS PCMO while loving another. If I had to choose bottles off the shelf to mix from different brands, I'd be most likely to choose a couple Shell products, which was done in this case.

PQIA hasn't tested Motomaster oil. For all we know, that's another place they stashed all the excess GTL that didn't fit into the PYB and QSGB leftover from the PU. That 5w-20 could have a Noack of 5% for all we know.
wink.gif

I know, Mola, I shouldn't egg them on.

My record so far is about $10, walmart had 5L jugs of VWB for $5, but I never seem to catch filters on sale and they seem to be going up in price lately for my cars.
Often though, $25-30 is normal for a jug of on sale synthetic and a filter up here.
OTOH new fluids and filters for tractor is around $300 though, so the cars seem cheap now!

Originally Posted By: 123Saab
I no longer change oils, Just cars.

Saves me a ton in oil costs.

LOL
thumbsup2.gif

I was going to say my next oil change at 7.7 quarts will only cost $75.00 -- and that's just once a year.

Last edited:
Tempted to grab a couple?
That would be a good clearance price on this side of the boarder.
Go for it!

The next 5 years of OCI's will be roughly $12 each for both vehicles. Pennzoil Platinum 0w20 and OEM Oil filters.

I think the Valvoline Synpower would be a fine deal! I would buy it all at that price!

Originally Posted By: KevGuy
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
$25.00?
For that?

Of course, we have deals here to your south that you just don't get in Canada.

If you know the answer to the question, why are you [censored] then?

OTOH, why would you think it appropriate to post a photo of a perfectly ordinary oil and filter at a price that can hardly be called a deal?
You had nothing useful to post, so you can't really object to any observation anyone here might care to make.

Guess we're spoiled down here. Next change is going to be <$15 for Pennzoil Platinum. With 2 qts to spare.

Why not just buy all Motorola or whatever.

That might be the cheapest route.

You would think SOPUS could come up with a better name than that.

I understand all oil mixes with other oil.

But if I had to add a different quart to a change out of necessity, I would definitely shorten up the OCI.

So, unless Moto Guzzi is GTL out of the same tank as the Pennzoil, I'd avoid mixing it.

All out of the $5 and $10 jugs... guess I'm late to the party.

Still have PYB for $15.89 and Mobil 1 1000 for $17.89...

Should be able to get the oil-change for under $25 though!

My oil change over the weekend was PU 5w20 ($15) and a Motorcraft filter ($3.50).

Takes you to $18 and change.
cool.gif

$21.64 with tax for an oil change at firestone for me
smile.gif

Kendall Syn Blend 5w20
FS filter
full inspection
and best of all, NO mess on my driveway
wink.gif

SOPUS didn't come up with the name either, Canadian Tire did. It's their house brand name for many products, including oil filters, tools, and tires.

So, are we all in agreement that Motomaster is not sludge?

Originally Posted By: Garak

SOPUS didn't come up with the name either, Canadian Tire did. It's their house brand name for many products, including oil filters, tools, and tires.

Absolutely. I'd have no problem using it whatsoever. Heck, I think I have a five litre jug of Motomaster in the garage that is now filled with PSF or some other hydraulic fluid from a 5 gallon pail.

I always buy oil and filters on clearance and never spend more than $6.00 on a change and I have a 6 qt sump
It pays to look for deals before it is time to change rather than full price the day of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back