Oil Change Order? Random Pennzoil / QS question

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a combination of rebates and closeout markdowns, I now have 5qt each of the "old" SN Pennzoil Ultra, the current Quaker State Ultimate Durability, and the "new" GTL Pennzoil Platinum (all 5W-20). So, there's my next 3 oil changes for the family Mazda 6. Any rhyme or reason to the order which I use these?

Assume approximately 7.5K OCI for each one. Current fill is an unintentional (long story) Castrol GTX that I will run for 4-5k. Prior to that it had been getting SM Ultra.

just decide which color you like best
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Joe_Power
oldest to newest

Was kind of thinking that. Was also thinking it probably really doesn't matter that much, but hey, that's why we're here sometimes; to discuss things that matter to us (maybe), but not to a ton of other people.

Appreciate the input. Thank you.

Originally Posted By: Ddub
oldest to newest

Was kind of thinking that. Was also thinking it probably really doesn't matter that much, but hey, that's why we're here sometimes; to discuss things that matter to us (maybe), but not to a ton of other people.

Appreciate the input. Thank you.

I know what you mean. I'm always chomping at the bit to put the latest, greatest flavor of the month in. But I also believe in rotating stock, using the oldest first. Probably doesn't really matter though.

Pennzoil uses a simple to read date code on their bottles. Just read that and put it in oldest to newest by that date code.

I have 25 OCI's worth of Pennzoil Platinum and Pennzoil Platinum Pure Plus. I will be going from oldest to newest.....

Doesn't matter. Even putting in a little of each blend will likely still give you good results.

Originally Posted By: Cooper
Pennzoil uses a simple to read date code on their bottles. Just read that and put it in oldest to newest by that date code.

I have 25 OCI's worth of Pennzoil Platinum and Pennzoil Platinum Pure Plus. I will be going from oldest to newest.....

How long do you go on an oil change? If it's 10K ... that's going to be a while!

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Originally Posted By: Cooper

How long do you go on an oil change? If it's 10K ... that's going to be a while!

Even with my modest stash, I have a minimum a 2 years worth of changes (and probably longer) for the Mazda. We are about to own a used Caddy DTS that takes 5W-30. Looks like it might be our first car to try the new Ultra. If it's available, you HAVE to try it at least once, right? That car has a 7+ liter sump and won't be driven much, so I'm thinking 1 year oil changes for it.

oldest to newest

The best advice.

I always use oldest to newest in the proper viscosity for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back