Another detail - Polish & Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: The Critic
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
When you do a detail job over a period of two days and the car is parked in the garage overnight do you wash it the next day again and continue with your detail? The reason I ask is several years ago I read a book written by a guy who did Concours d'Elegance quality detailing and he stated re-washing the car was a good idea if it sat overnight to remove dust which could cause scratches. The book was probably written about 30 years ago, but did have some useful information. Thanks! Keep up the great work!

It depends. If it was parked indoors, no. But since this car was left outside after the prep and test spots were done, it was re-washed the following day.

Thanks Critic! That's pretty much what I've been doing, unless I see dust on the car when parked inside overnight. I live near a ball field and sometimes it gets a little dusty around here.

You missed the inside edge of the fenders and splashguards again....Sticks out like a sore thumb...just sayin'

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
You missed the inside edge of the fenders and splashguards again....Sticks out like a sore thumb...just sayin'

You're right....I'll black 'em out next time.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: genynnc
Quote:
No taping on this one. The trim is slightly recessed, so the pad doesn't really contact the trim unless you tilted it.

I was going fairly slow, and with light pressure at all times. I used speed 3.5 and did four passes (up/down/up/down). I am finding that the Rupes cuts and finishes fairly well at speeds 3-4, and the product will not dry out at those speeds. If you bump it up to speed 5 or 6, while the cut is a bit better, most products will have a much shorter work time and tend to be more difficult to remove.

The 915 is actually great. I have to thank qwertydude for trading with me. I tried it a few years ago and had a lot of trouble removing it. As it turns out, the stuff goes on much quicker and removes easily if you keep the applicator damp.

I have not tried Opti-Seal yet, and do not have any plans to. What's a good use for it?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Opti-Seal... is kind of like CarPro's Hydro20. I can't really use that product in the winter because of all the rain we get... so I just used Opti-Seal year round for wash/wax customers.

Quick application and lasts 2.5- 3 months.

Very economical... 2 sprays per panel maybe. One bottle will easily last 35 mid-size cars.

Do you get any high spots with Opti-seal?

I've found that some of these spray on, wipe away type products will leave some very small high spots (sorta like opticoat)....so you need to go back and buff them off.

This is why I've avoided these products -- they're more hassle than they are worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back