Bosch D+ D3334 Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 8,000 miles on this filter from my 2008 Silverado 6.0L L76 V8. No tears.

2dqj448.jpg

15grpxl.jpg

14bt6d1.jpg

r89eh4.jpg

For as much money as they charge for those filters, I was expecting to see all the pleats standing at attention in a perfectly straight vertical line.

Looks like it fared well for 8,000 miles. I love this filter for long drain intervals. I use them religiously on my wife's Outlander. On my short drain interval I use the Bosch Premium. +1 for Bosch filters.

Last edited:
I think those filters are way over priced. Im not a big fan of them. They look like a Pure One.

Thanks for the Cut Open.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Thanks for posting Bookmaker...what kind of oil were you running for the 8k OCI ?

Penn Ultra 5w30. PU holds up longer in that L76 engine than other oils I have used, incl. M1.

Holds up how? How are you measuring it holding up?

Originally Posted By: Bookmaker
Thanks for posting Bookmaker...what kind of oil were you running for the 8k OCI ?

Penn Ultra 5w30. PU holds up longer in that L76 engine than other oils I have used, incl. M1.

Originally Posted By: kschachn

Shearing as noted in OCI. Also noticeable in the sound of the engine. Whereas my HEMI seems to be easy on oil, my L76 VortecMAX seems to shred it.

Didn't know big v8's could use a tiny oil filter. With shearing and noise issues I would experiment with an oversize filter if there is one with correct bypass spec.

Originally Posted By: kschachn

My Sierra Denali 6.0L (high output LQ9)lives on Mobil 1 and does great..of course any oil works in these GM 5.3/6.0/8.1 motors. They are not hard on oil.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
For as much money as they charge for those filters, I was expecting to see all the pleats standing at attention in a perfectly straight vertical line.

I know... I agree.

Whats funny Is at Wallymart I see the boxes they come in with Purolator Classics in them all the time.

That means people swapped them and Im Sure went to the Self Check out.

However for as much $ they are I expected more.. For Instance the FRAM ULTRA... Wire backed and 3 layers of media.. I mean what makes this FILTER so special.

Originally Posted By: David1
For Instance the FRAM ULTRA... Wire backed and 3 layers of media..

It's actually 2 layers of media, not 3.

A top notch filter.

Thanks for cutting and posting.

I have four of these for my son's Mazda RX8.

It's a small 3300/6607 size filter on that car and I'm appreciating the additional dirt holding capacity of the Bosch D+.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: David1
For Instance the FRAM ULTRA... Wire backed and 3 layers of media..

It's actually 2 layers of media, not 3.

I still feel the Fram Ultra is better value and perhaps better filter then the Bosch D+

When they are cut open they look like a Pureone IMO

D+ is an overpriced filter IMO. I agree with others that this pretty much looks like a Pure-1 filter in a blue painted can.

Originally Posted By: wgtoys
D+ is an overpriced filter IMO. I agree with others that this pretty much looks like a Pure-1 filter in a blue painted can.

Agree with you 100%

also sorta looks like the Purolator Synthetic...

but taken apart looks just like a PUREONE... I mean i see nothing that makes its worth 3$ more then a FRAM ULTRA.

I mean someone tell me what makes it more of a value then the FRAM ULTRA?

Surely there is room for more that one premium oil filter here on BITOG.

Bosch D+ filters are well constructed, rated for long OCI's, are readily available, and show well when cut like this example.

Bosch D+ filters are marketed as having a thicker can resulting in higher burst strength and they hold more dirt.

D+ definitely has a thicker can than either UGS or P1S. My big NAPA filter wrench crushes either one, but struggles to put a dent in D+. One of the first things I noticed about it when I changed one for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back