Moving, BITOG style...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for me to move...some may remember my thread about the roaches in my building from a couple months back. That wasn't the final straw, but trying to tack on a bogus water bill when it was clearly included in the lease was. Too much [censored] = not renewing. I hope they have fun renting this overpriced 1920s tenement out.

Anyway, thought you guys would like these moving boxes I grabbed from work...
grin.gif

IMG_2807_zps6be106a2.jpg

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
I'm in the process of moving and I've grown to love the 3 mil thick contractor bags I got from home Depot but they sure are pricey.

I get mine from Big Lots. I couldn't find them anywhere else.

That reminds me of my recent move. Except it was liquor boxes, since the local liquor stores want to give them away instead of paying for hauling them off.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
That reminds me of my recent move. Except it was liquor boxes, since the local liquor stores want to give them away instead of paying for hauling them off.

I've used liquor boxes before too. Not only are the stores happy to give them away, but they are strong boxes. Likewise with oil boxes. Any box originally meant for carrying liquid containing bottles is usually excellent for moving.

I like the contractor bags as well. I will use those for clothes and such. I have a month to make this move, and it's just a few miles out to the hood 'burbs, so I am taking my time. I hate trying to move everything all at once.

Unfortunately my stash is not that large, but I did go ahead and move my Mobil 1 0W30 and Zerex G-05 today.
lol.gif

The boxes that apples come in at the grocery store are perfect for moving because they're sturdy and just the right size that you can fit a lot in them, but you can still carry them.

No wife here...but I am happy to move out and away from the roaches! I can put up with small, controllable numbers of spiders, lady bugs, etc. Roaches are a no go. I absolutely cannot stand them, no matter how large or small. They are the most disgusting creatures on earth.

I have found that throttle body cleaner kills them quickly on contact though, most effective pesticide I have ever used.
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back