Italian Tune-up any good for your car ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: accent2012
In my opinion, I wouldn't stretch the car's legs halfway into the OCI of your vehicle. The oil, while it's still good at doing it's job, may not be able to protect well under a heavy load like redlining resulting in premature wear or worse, catastrophic failure, than it would be able to if the oil was fresh.

Only time I would "stretch its legs" is about a couple of hundred miles into the OCI of any oil.

If this were a concern, I would have trashed the engine the Jeep a long, long time ago. I beat on it pretty regularly and am not afraid of WOT at all. Heck, I took it down to Watkins Glen for opening weekend this year when it was 4500 miles into an OCI. It saw a very spirited (lots of WOT, some high revs, high cruising speeds) drive down there, and then 15 minutes on the track of near flat-out abuse (didn't get below 2500 rpm at any point, and if I wasn't on the brakes, I was on the throttle, usually at WOT).

My car has been bouncing off a 6600 rpm limiter for many years now.

As long as its oil is warm it is fine with me. I've had many a V8 across 4 decades of driving and they all did well under a heavy foot.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Only 6600? Wuss.
grin.gif

041908-01-sm_zps168c7213.jpg

Originally Posted By: dparm

Only 6600? Wuss.
grin.gif

I've hit the limiter in mine a few times, but it's only down at a fairly wimpy 5800 (which is already raised from the stock 5250).

Only 6600? Wuss.
grin.gif

Haw, my 6.1 liter motor probably cost less than half what yours did!

Only 6600? Wuss.
grin.gif

lol, what a guy!

to the op, if any engine i've owned across the years had the capacity to guess, they'd probably think they were driving around the streets of modena for crying out loud.

tune-up, italian style everyday
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back