Pilot to Passenger Comms (Motorcycle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought and installed the Sena SMH10 kit on my wife's and my helmet. Paired from the factory, after charging they booted up and linked seamlessly. Wife's iPhone 5 is paired with her unit, my iPhone 4 with mine. Both work trouble free and pairing took less than a minute. Plenty of clear volume at speed. Every review on the web rates these units highly. I can see why. Anyone else talking to their passenger, streaming audio and GPS into their helmets, or taking phone calls while riding?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, we're using the Scala Rider G9. Pretty happy with it. I wear a full face Arai and the wife a 3/4 with face sheild, so we needed some way to communicate on the Goldwing. Great for that, but for music I still crank the stereo. If I'm listening to the radio I might have both the stereo and the helmet speakers on simultaneously.

My wife and I have been using a Scala Rider Teamset for the past 4+ years now, and couldn't be happier
smile.gif
It's capable of rider/passenger communication, blue tooth music, receive calls, and can do a three way calls also. It sure makes rides/touring more enjoyable when you're not having to yell at each other and keep up with all the sign language to point out sites along the way.

Originally Posted By: Analyzer
My wife and I have been using a Scala Rider Teamset for the past 4+ years now, and couldn't be happier
smile.gif
It's capable of rider/passenger communication, blue tooth music, receive calls, and can do a three way calls also. It sure makes rides/touring more enjoyable when you're not having to yell at each other and keep up with all the sign language to point out sites along the way.

Had our Scala Teamset for about 2 months now....great so far.

I also have the Sena SMH-10 in two helmets. . . . I just installed them a few weeks ago and have only used the phone / music streaming while riding, which works really well. I haven't tried the intercom feature yet while riding, but in testing in my livingroom, it seems to work very well, and very clear.

No personal experience with any of them, but I noticed the guys from Revzilla just posted a bluetooth communicator buying guide video...

Originally Posted By: rossn2
How about for a half helmet?

The Sena kit I bought came with 2 microphones. A flat one for full face, and one on a stalk for half or 3/4 helmets. The more I use the unit I bought, the more I like it.

Originally Posted By: beanoil
I just bought and installed the Sena SMH10 kit on my wife's and my helmet.

Which helmets do you guys have these installed in?

It'd be kind of cool to have some audio in the helmet, but then again, at normal hwy speed, the wind noise is so much that you're better off just using earplugs instead of trying to listen to anything. Otherwise, you come away half deaf and with a headache after a few hours of riding.

I've tried several. None of them were any better in that respect than the one I currently have (Bell Vortex). I did try Shoei Neotec modular, and it was even noisier.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: beanoil
I just bought and installed the Sena SMH10 kit on my wife's and my helmet.

Which helmets do you guys have these installed in?

I wear an Arai Profile, my lovely spouse wears a Shoei RF1200. The install in the Arai was super easy, almost like they anticipated an intercom install. The Shoei, not so much. I had to remove and replace the cheek pads and a good portion of the lining to get to the ear pockets and hide the wiring.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back