Zerex G-05 ready to use concentration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the concentration of Zerex G-05 ready to use?

They state on the pack

"Long life protection for up to 5 years or 160,000 km at 50% concentration"

And then go on to say

"When diluted 50% with water, Zerex G-05 protects modern engine components from winter freezing and summer boil over. A 50% to 70% concentration range is suggested for optimum corrosion protection."

Zerex has 2 versions of G-05, concentrate and 50-50 pre diluted.

Need to add water:
71KLNXmbF7L._SL1500_.jpg

No water is needed:
71%2B37JRdPCL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: supercity
They are quite vague about it.

I'd consider emailing them. I wouldn't put it past a company to give you guys something like 40/60, given your climate.

Originally Posted By: supercity
They are quite vague about it.

In comparison with the Valvoline website in North America, the entire Australian website enterprise of Valvoline is quite vague - horrid.

A $20 EG/PG refractometer takes the guesswork out of determining the concentration. Much more reliable than the hydrometer.

Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
Where can you get Zerex G-05? Walmart?
I get mine at NAPA or Pep Boys.

Carquest might have it, but I don't know.

My thoughts is that you won't get a 50/50 mix in your engine IF you use the pre-mix. This is because you can't completely remove all the old flushing water from the block/radiator. Ed

Originally Posted By: Eddie
My thoughts is that you won't get a 50/50 mix in your engine IF you use the pre-mix. This is because you can't completely remove all the old flushing water from the block/radiator. Ed

That's why I won't use it. With a premix I'd have to fill the radiator and bleed the system, drive and check the strength of the mix. Then drain some out of the radiator if the mix isn't strong enough, add more of the 50/50 mix and repeat until its right. IMO its a waste of a lot of time and product. Now if I want to pull a drain plug on the block and risk the possible problems associated with that a 50/50 mix might be OK. Or if I have a situation where the radiator holds more than the block and heater core I might be OK. With concentrate I don't have those problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back