The High Mile Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
Haven't seen a thread on this here yet.

I thought it would be cool to see who has the most miles and what you've done to get there/ tips.

I've got 192,000 on the Camry, bought 6,500 miles ago. Whatever all the previous owners did must have been right, because I got a common sludge monster engine with no sludge.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

I thought it would be cool to see who has the most miles and what you've done to get there/ tips.

I've got 192,000 on the Camry, bought 6,500 miles ago. Whatever all the previous owners did must have been right, because I got a common sludge monster engine with no sludge.

What happened to all those metal flakes you found in the oil?

Originally Posted By: silverrat

What happened to all those metal flakes you found in the oil?

I've got about 1,800 miles left on this OCI, gonna check it out again. A lot of people on that thread thought it was a can of sealant since I bought the car with an oil leak and figured the PO put it in to try to stop it. It just needs an oil pan gasket which I'll do on it's next oil change as well. I checked the oil at about 3,000 miles into this OCI and with it dripping every morning after I start it up, it was only down 1/2 a quart. It runs pretty good so I'm not worried. Also will use a magnet in the drain pan this time to see. Filter was clean as a whistle last time as well so if it were shavings I imagine there would be some in there as well. Excited but nervous to see on the next OCI!

Hello, Not to rain on the parade but making this a poll question with a little 'parameterization' would be great.
1) First, second or 3rd or more owner?
2) Car vs. light truck
3) Any 'rebuild' details.

My car has 173K original. 2nd owner
My friend's K1500 had 305K (250K his) with 2 engines, 3 transmissions and entirely rebuilt (improved) axles. Kira

I am the 3rd owner of a 1997 Nissan pickup with a 2.4 liter engine. The first owner kept it for approximately 60,000 miles, the second owner kept it for an additional 100,000 miles and I purchased it at 162,000 miles and now have 260,000 miles on it.

The truck has been operated using whatever oil was on sale and the cheapest filters available (Fram) and the engine has never been worked on.

The engine, transmission and drive axle are all original. The clutch was replaced at 197,000 miles due to a noisy release bearing.

It has been a good vehicle and well worth purchase price that they were asking 17 years ago.

2004 gmc Yukon 179k miles - original owner

only M1 since new. great truck, everything is original. hoping to get at least 300k out of her

1991 chevrolet c1500 4.3L 5 speed 237,000 miles
- what ever 5w-30 conventional is on sale, mostly napa pro select filters

Last edited:
2000 Lexus RX300 AWD- 206k miles
Run's like new, look's like new, just wish it was new!
Everything is original. Got another 200k miles to go!

I've had cars with many more miles, but this is my current highest mileage vehicle.

275k miles on a '01 Civic. Original owner. Trans rebuild at 225k, and the only time it's ever been worked on at a shop. Still get almost 40mpg
smile.gif

95' Ford Powerstroke - 312k miles - original engine
02' Ford Powerstroke - 382k miles - original engine and tranny
92' GMC Z71 - 330k on original engine before it developed a knock, still has original tranny and rearend
06' Ford F150 - 225k and counting
89 Peterbilt - Close to 1 million miles
84 Mack - 800k miles plus
97 Peterbilt - 1 million miles plus

Have other vehicles in the family but not in the Mile High Club

1991 Chevy 1500 truck. 5.7 engine, 293K miles, had Valvoline 5W-30 for a lot of its life and now I run Rotella 10W-30 in it.

293kmiles on the Jetta. Bought new, same engine and trans, but it's had a few repairs.

Wife bought a 2001 Civic brand new and took to 10years/173kmiles. It too had some repairs, but not quite as bad as the Jetta.

You're kidding right? There's a few every year.
33.gif

"Hey guys, what's the most miles you've ever done and what oil?"

Let me help - clicky here

152k miles on my 2005 Colorado that I bought new. No oil consumption or leaks. Always 5-7k mile OCIs with M1 or Pennz synthetic (although I used VML blend last OCI).

To be fair, 152k miles isn't really "high mileage" these days. 40 years ago, 152k with no consumption or leaks would have been remarkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back