Archoil products

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, when people ask for more (much less demand it) they are labeled as meddling or disruptive, and accused of hijacking threads.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
Testimonies will always be here so long as people don't demand more.

Everyone has opinions. Nothing wrong with that. But not everyone can back them up with supportable/repeatable data.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
However, when people ask for more (much less demand it) they are labeled as meddling or disruptive, and accused of hijacking threads.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
Testimonies will always be here so long as people don't demand more.

Everyone has opinions. Nothing wrong with that. But not everyone can back them up with supportable/repeatable data.

Oh, I know.

Originally Posted By: boxcartommie22
its working great in my vehicles!!! using it in my red line oil

Working great based on what? Your hand to the manifold test?

Originally Posted By: simple_simon

We get...you don't like the stuff...don't buy it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GatorJ

It isn't a question of what he likes or not. But more one of evidence and fact. Something that can be repeated.

Putting your hand on a manifold doesn't tell anyone anything. Now if you had a photo of the temp reading before/after this stuff was added, it would be more useful to anyone who may have an interest in said stuff.

Saying it works great in one's vehicle doesn't really say anything. If it did, we would all be using a certain oil you don't have to change because a few said it works great in their vehicles.

Last edited:
If the only benefit is that I can place my hand on a manifold then I won't.

You aren't helping your cause.

Originally Posted By: GatorJ

Originally Posted By: domer10
So i ordered the AR9100 friction modifier, and the 6200 fuel additive, this stuff looks great. Ill keep you guys posted.

Please do let us know, not much info on these products here. I haven't done any real "testing" other than an emissions test, but I haven't really noticed much one way or the other on the F250 w/ 9100. Truck is still running well, as it did before.

Originally Posted By: panthermike
Originally Posted By: domer10
So i ordered the AR9100 friction modifier, and the 6200 fuel additive, this stuff looks great. Ill keep you guys posted.

Please do let us know, not much info on these products here. I haven't done any real "testing" other than an emissions test, but I haven't really noticed much one way or the other on the F250 w/ 9100. Truck is still running well, as it did before.

Thats a good sign, could be preventing problems, i am doing a before and after, going to take a sample of oil I have in the M3 right now, get it tested, then run the exact same length and have that tested, going to run the car exact same, mix of normal driving with a few sprints here and there. See the wear numbers. Also going to try and keep fuel calculated as well.

this guy is like a robot. just saying the same bulletin points over and over.

So here is whats in it. From the msds. Perhaps Mola could give us some insight.

http://www.archoil.nl/pdf/msds/SDS%20AR9100%20NL%28EN%29.pdf

Chemical Name
Concentration CAS Number EC Number R/H Phrases* Symbols
Potassium Tetraborate 1-10% 12045-78-2
H315, H319,
H335
R36, R37,
R38
GHS07
Xi

Fatty Acid Ester
10-50% 68440-09-5 270-434-5

Methyl Oleate
20-40% 112-62-9 203-992-5 H319, H413
R36, R53
GHS07
Xi

Tetra ester 10-40%
68334-18-9 269-815-9

Paraffin
20-50% 8012-95-1 232-384-2 H413
R53
GHS08
Xn

Last edited:
Potassium borates dispersed in a very finely divided state, improve the load-carrying, anticorrosion, and antiwear properties of industrial and automotive gear lubricants. Under extreme conditions, potassium borates interact with metal load-bearing surfaces to form a film of extraordinary resilience. This tenacious film provides outstanding load-carrying capacity and wear protection. Diazotype developer A light-sensitive composition can be produced by combining a nonionic aromatic diazo compound and a cationic dye-borate anion complex. Potassium tetraborate can be used as the source of borate anion

fatty acid ester is type of ester when combine with an alcohol

tetra ester fatigue endurance tests reduce oxidation,synthetic,corrosion,inhibitor,antiwear.

Last edited:
Do potassium borates also have a high alkaline component to them, as in, do they also act as a TBN boosting acid fighter/neutralizer, or solely as an anti-wear compound??
confused2.gif

Our gallon of Archoil AR9100 and quart of AR6200 came last week but the daughter just found it today at a door we do not use often so I guess it was a new driver.

Look forward to working with it as we have many engines due or beyond for an oil change.

Mula may have be the one that asked how they compute the 0.037 coefficient of friction but it turns out they spell it out in the enclosed fact sheet per the below.

Summary of Test Results

Falex Pin and Vee Test ASTM D-3233
(3.5% in 100 neutral mineral oil) The mixing ratio of 1.12 oz. per quart of motor oil as I computed it.

Load 3750
Torque 47
COF 0.037

This just tells about the equipment needed to do D-3233 test

daily driver potassium borates are alkaline when combined with other alkaline's and neutralizes acids.when I changed my oil after 3 years my oil filter was extremely clean!!strong detergent with all the esters prior to using archoil my stainless steel filter caught a lot of stuff.mercury had 7000 miles on the oil.i am really impressed with my combination of red line and archoil 9100 its one of the best additives I have found.the fill hole is really clean inside

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back