15w40 Supertech

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you like rotella, you should like this oil 15w40 supertech (at least this batch who ever made it).

Its not Rotella 15w40, the smell is completely different, the smell is a high end Hydrocracked oil, but function wise its like Rotella, which Im not a fan of. Mainly the shift action is notchy, like rotella. Also its viscosity feels a little thick, under full throttle. Maybe it will thin out some and get better in that regard, but notchy shift wise that's a lost cause. I came off redline, combo of 10w30 and 20w50.

However Rotella lovers should really like this oil for $2.67 cents, for the price and it functions the same, a Virtual sister or brother.

If It doesn't get better soon, I'll have to dump it and probably go with base Castrol 4t 10w40 , which surprisingly performs very well function wise.

Add a 2-4 of ounces of Redline breakin lube, zddpplus or zddp-max. I aim for 1700 to 1800ppm zinc/phos. It will address the shifting, but not the too thick issue. At least when it is hot it will shift slick...hey this works for me in 10w40 ever since the wonderful epa required removal of most of the zinc and phos from our common oils...

Im a little skeered with additives like that. I was running Castrol 4t 10w40 before going to redline, didn't notice a lot of difference performance wise switching, but I sure noticed going to supertech, right off the bat, much stronger clutch grip and a more notchier shifting. But If I was running rotella and liked it, Id definitely try the supertech, cost wise. Its a usable oil, it might actually shift better than rotella, rotella 15w40 was the worst Ive run, shift quality wise, cause of the strong clutch grip, but that's been a few years back, super tech 15w40 just reminded me of it.

Anyway, when I rode today, (id already bought some oil) incase I decided to dump the supertech. Its useable oil, I debated running it full term, cause it was nothing I couldn't live with other than being alittle annoyed.

Almost went back to castrol 4t, especially since all the cycle oils were $2 off at autozone. But I decided to try the Valvoline 10w40 jaso ma. Give me something to play with tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back