New Pennzoil Website Updates, TDSheets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Gokhan
Marketing gimmick? More than likely, yes.

I don't know what the claims are based on.

However, the key in the claims is the words "up to".

Up to 40% cleaner could mean anything from, say -40% (minus meaning actually dirtier), to 0%, and then to 40%. So, when they insert "up to" into the claims, they cover their
donkey_side.gif
even if their oil actually results in a much dirtier engine.
smile.gif

I used to think Pennzoil (SOPUS) had SOME scruples left. Now I'm not so sure...is the product actually being cheapened/worsened, or is it just their marketing department that has gone all wonky? I'm thinking some of them transferred from Castrol recently...

I realise we're the 2%-ers and that the other 98% hasn't a clue and buys either by price or because someone else told them to "buy this", but I hope SOPUS continues to make a decent product.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
I used to think Pennzoil (SOPUS) had SOME scruples left. Now I'm not so sure...is the product actually being cheapened/worsened, or is it just their marketing department that has gone all wonky? I'm thinking some of them transferred from Castrol recently...

I realise we're the 2%-ers and that the other 98% hasn't a clue and buys either by price or because someone else told them to "buy this", but I hope SOPUS continues to make a decent product.

I'm sure the new Ultra is a "decent product", it just doesn't have one particular metric that was off the charts for the old Ultra 5w-20- the very low NOAK percentage.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord

I'm not so sure. I do like that they're actually listing some appropriate ACEA specifications. After all, Mobil and Castrol do. Nonetheless, as I've said before, I'd prefer a better differentiation between PP and PU, aside from price.

M1 EP is surviving just fine up here, despite high prices, thanks to actually making some relevant claims about the product and having some decent pricing on occasion. The high end Edge does similarly, plus has a pretty bottle, and is able to hang on, at least in the big jugs. The litre bottles just don't move.

i like pennzoil but i also like most other oils.. Cost is a major factor these days look for the rating and weight you need pour it in with a decent filter and your engine will run a long long time if you change it every 5000 or so.
We have been in the engine business for over 20 years and have not seen an engine have problems these days using the correct oil weight and ratings. 25 years ago it was different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back