impact guns opinions and advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Vikas
But can it be his primary impact gun at his work? Will it handle 40-50 hours a week for years? You are talking about $450 investment for that cordless kit.

I would not get a cordless if I was going to use an impact wrench 8 hours a day. Too big and heavy.

But if I wanted to go outside and take off a few bolts on a trailer, etc, then I would grab the cordless as its just easier than dragging an air house outside.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vikas
But can it be his primary impact gun at his work? Will it handle 40-50 hours a week for years? You are talking about $450 investment for that cordless kit.

+1. Cordless has its place for remote use and whatnot, but it won't have the lifecycle cost or performance. The batteries are a liability and a replacement cost. I'd imagine any mainstream shop would offer hp air utilities.

Aircat. Right mix of price and quality, plus many models are USA made, so you're not sending your neighbor to the unemployment line to save a buck.

Nothing wrong with a Ingersoll impact, My (Cornwell branded) IR 231 is about 10 years old, Used mostly for heavy line mechanic work. The only thing I hate about it is.....It's the loudest impact in the world I think.

Don't use it much since buying my AirCat.

Originally Posted By: ram_man
I bought an ir 236g for now. It's working great

heh thats so like chevyboy right there..

ask for advise then just go buy a random air gun thats worse than any of the ones recommended..

its only single hammer, and made in china(IIRC)

but it should be fine.

The hf earthquake is a much better impact at 70$ currently, the IR +equiv is the 231 at 140$
and the aircat 1150 is 165$

of course being single hammer it probably has less chance of breaking stuff if used improperly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back