Napa Gold vs Mopar

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do these two filters stack up (not considering cost)? Application is a 2009 Liberty that sees an occasional 3000lb tow.

I think for the application you get a better filter with the Napa Gold. Napa Golds are made by Wix with a silicone ADBV. Mopar filters are made by Purolator and have a nitrile ADBV. I've used Mopars a few times and they are good filters, but I think construction wise you can do a bit better with the Napa filter.

Just my
49.gif

The Mopars I have seen in the last yr or so seem to have transitioned to WIX. This is not based on a dissection, just an external examination of a mo-409 and a WIX 51348. they were all too Similar in design and markings. But that's My opinon.
the only Difference i could see was the Mopar had a Nitrile ADBV, where the WIX was Silicone.

I know Folks are Gonna say, they are WIX in Canada, but Purolator in the States, But Unless My Local Wally world is getting it's Parts From Canada...

Definitely NAPA Gold. Its worth getting the glass fibers blended into the paper-cellulose media from my own research. ISO 4548-12 results show a better media really does clean out things better below around 30 microns as a general rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back