AeroShell 33MS Grease Suitability Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to purchase some AeroShell 33MS grease for assembly of firearms (meets MilSpec standards). I was wondering if this 5% moly grease would be suitable for automotive uses as well? It sure would be nice to have just one grease for my car, truck, trailer bearings (not a boat trailer), lawn mower and gun assembly.

AeroShell web page

Thoughts?

I've used moly grease for that can be bought at any automotive repair shop for firearms assembly. Never bothered with actually finding and purchasing the AeroShell.

I've seen many many threads and tests on how each, the AeroShell, and the Automotive Moly, grease holds up.

Never thought about the application of AeroShell being used in an automotive capacity.
Personally, I don't see why not. It's a better quality product, just more expensive due to its higher quality control.

Interesting question.

Interesting grease. As stated above base oil is very light. 5% moly is not a good idea for bearings either. Its nothing like automotive grease

Actually it is excelent automotive grease if you car is elevated 10 000meters above see level where ambient temerature is -40... -50degree :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back