Ramps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone seen a full-length DIY ramp setup like this before? Though I guess you could do the same thing with 2 sets of properly placed rhino ramps.

When I was a kid, I was scared witless of Dad and his brother's "ramps" at the home that they grew up at.

Decent fall from the side road to the yard, so they took 4 railway sleepers, dug two into the low side so they made vertical legs, then laid the other two out as platforms.

Eventually they installed bump stops at the end, but the car was around 5' off the low yard when positioned.

That looks pretty cool, although I wonder about putting thin metal strap under it, so that they stay parallel always. Lose the ability to adjust to vehicle width tho.

Originally Posted By: moving2
Anyone seen a full-length DIY ramp setup like this before? Though I guess you could do the same thing with 2 sets of properly placed rhino ramps.

its actually really hard to get up on 4 rhino ramps at once.. much easier to just put the front on.. and jack the rear and shove them under.
(for most cars)

A few changes to the design I would recommend.
Make the flip down portion double the length, some car bumpers can be quite low
Make the angle cut on the other side of the forward part of the flip down, much less of a hump to drive over that way.
Add a friction material to the flip down portion, "stick on floor grit" would work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back