finished my brake job affordable big brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished. Got to play with my newest toy the mity vac 7205.
Vette calipers, camaro rotors, brembo pads and earls fittings.
Love it much smoother and stronger then the stotck brakes on a grand prix.
5a10ty.jpg
Fills out the wheel pretty good.

Am I the only one who thinks that looks a little odd? As in... not very good? It looks too big for the small wheel/high profile tire.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
Am I the only one who thinks that looks a little odd? As in... not very good? It looks too big for the small wheel/high profile tire.

Looks fine to me, but its about performance too. He should get much improvement in just about every category of braking performance including fade, pad life, feel and stopping distance.

Looks better from a distance. Want factory 17"wheels. Still looking. Only factory wheels.
To fit the brakes fit is very simple. You need a spacer and new banjo bolt. Google f body brake upgrade.

Originally Posted By: evandostert
Looks better from a distance. Want factory 17"wheels. Still looking. Only factory wheels.
To fit the brakes fit is very simple. You need a spacer and new banjo bolt. Google f body brake upgrade.

The 17" OEM Comp G wheels are hard to find. The problem around here is the roads, low profile stuff seems to get bashed up rims.

I just keep the Starfish wheels.
Are these the ones you were thinking of only polished instead of silver? 5x115 bolt pattern.

http://www.midwestwheelandtire.com/product/3057/6566S

16 limits tire selection. I'm doing suspension work next want to take full advantage of it all with nice grippy tires.

Originally Posted By: Kool1
SWEET!!!! Those are large calipers. Your stopping distance must have decreased quite a lot.

If he had enough brake to lock them up previously, then how could the stopping distance be decreased.

Best brakes I ever felt was that on a brand new 98 Camaro....years later I got a 97 Z28 and they didn't have that desirable grabbiness the new 98 had. I also had a 87 RX7 that would sometimes have the touchy brakes, other times not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back