Royal Purple

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a husky 240-e chainsaw, toro snow thrower, and a weed eater that are all two cycle. Currently I use the pre measured small bottles of toro ash less for all of them but I just got a Ratio right measuring unit and want to start getting my oil in quart bottles. What kind of oil would suit my needs?
thanks - Sam

Lots of folks here like the Echo or Husqvarna synthetic 2-Stroke oil. I have used Amsoil Saber with great results. There isn't really a bad choice as long as you stay away from TCW-3 rated oils. The "W" is for watercooled engines and is not meant for your equipment. It's not that you'll grenade your stuff with one tank, but the improper formulation will cause more deposits that will eventually shorten the life of the engine.

Stihl HP Ultra is a really good oil, Available in Quarts & Gallons. Royal Purple probably makes a good 2-cycle oil as well.....But they do not build 2-cycle engines.

I just use canned gas, No Ethanol to worry about. Been using Tru-Fuel for awhile, Bought some Stihl Motomix for the wife's new Stihl hedge trimmer & My new MS271 chainsaw because they double the warranty.

After what Ethanol did to my old MS260 chainsaw's fuel system I will never risk it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back