Drain question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided yesterday to dig back I to my deck pilings. Figured I would start by removing the old ones. Dug down two feet and the holes filled back in with water. I'm guessing I do really need a French drain after all! I also figure, I can't put in forms until the hole is dry; my question is, should I wait on digging the trench until the ground dries out?

Just measured, the water, after sitting overnight, is about 18" down. It's pure soup down in the holes, must be just sand down there. I'm worried that if I dig, I will just be fitting mud and the walls falling in as I dig.

Last edited:
I plan to leave the one good one alone. I have to rig up the jacks again, once the ground thawed they fell off, their cinder blocks dropped an inch.

Just ran into my neighbor. He pointed out the obvious. Start at the other end and work my way up. That makes sense. He also said the local stone place will sell rock by the truckload. He said twenty bucks a load. That seems more expensive on a per ton basis, but then again I can't move that much per day, and it'd be a really big pile of rock in the way until done.

Now if I could just borrow a backhoe...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back