09 Flex - how to put in Techron

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went to add Techron to the wifeys Flex and it has a capless fuel tank. It takes quite a bit of force unless you have the perfectly shaped thing (like a filler at a gas pump). I jammed a bit extension in there and poured in the Techron, but it looks like half of it ended up on the ground. Anyone have one of these capless fillers and put in fuel additives? I am thinking about jamming a funnel down there which is what I probably should have done in the first place...

Plastic funnel or something soft (to open the flap) is best for protection of the capless fuel filler neck opening.

You'll see a small tab on each side of the filler hole just in front of the flap. Push both of those at the same time and the flap will open.

Or buy a special funnel made for capless fuel fillers such as this one.

Originally Posted By: ffhdriver
Check your trunk or ask the dealer. My Fusion came with a "special funnel" to use when adding liquids.

This.... Every car from Ford that has capless fill came with one of these from the factory.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Originally Posted By: ffhdriver
Check your trunk or ask the dealer. My Fusion came with a "special funnel" to use when adding liquids.

This.... Every car from Ford that has capless fill came with one of these from the factory.

^^^ This. It's usually hidden near the spare tire or the jack area. In the Taurus it's tucked buy the spare tire. In the F150 it's supposed to be buy the jack tools but the previous owner must have kept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back