weekend project / whats it worth? Honda HRT216KSDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw on one of the local swap sites had a Honda HRT216 posted pretty cheap. It looked rough/dirty but I knew it would clean up well. It starts on the first pull and runs great. I changed the air filter and oil as both were well past due on needing changed. Put in a new filter and some Plus50II 10w-30 I had on the shelf. Anyone know what a mower like this is worth? I'm thinking about putting it on CL since I already have my Toro SR4. Anyone know what a mower like this is worth? It has all the pieces to it. If I keep it I'll replace the wheels on it.

Looks nice once it is cleaned up. Looks like a newish maybe current model with a lot of time on it. I would put new wheels on it before you sell it if you didn't want it.

I can easily get $150+ for one of them. If you are looking for $100-125, ask for $130-150. If you want $150, ask for $175 or so. Your bargaining skills and B-S meter will get a workout from the whack-a-loons you attract from Craigslist.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PhilsSmallEngine
I can easily get $150+ for one of them. If you are looking for $100-125, ask for $130-150. If you want $150, ask for $175 or so. Your bargaining skills and B-S meter will get a workout from the whack-a-loons you attract from Craigslist.

And the " I'll trade you a fishing reel or a (worn out cheap) weedeater for it"!!

I sell a ton of push mowers every year. Your model mower sits on Craigslist forever at $150 here. They typically sell in the $75-90 range, realistically.

You can tell by the worn wheels that your mower has some hours on it. Probably over 500 hours. I would pass for that simple reason, unless it was cheap.

I could sell that for $175-200 easy around here. I get $75-100 for cheap B&S pushers, $150 for FWD Craftsman and the like, and closer to $200 for top-name RWD mowers like that.

It all depends on the local market.

Self propelled Hondas with all of the attachments sit at $150? I can't obtain them fast enough to keep at least one available at all times. I get 75-100 for push mower MTD models with Briggs. I'd rather tear the Honda apart and sell it piecemeal than sell it for that little. I guess your area is flooded with junk dealers.

I owned one of those in the early 2000's I bought new. Those crummy plastic wheels looked like that in less than 3 seasons of use. I have a 2011 Toro that looks like that too and it has maybe 35 hours of use. Our area has rocky soil that tends to be hard and compact so the tread gets wasted quickly. The only wheels that hold up here are semi-pneumatic with medium to hard rubber.

These are my local Craigslist prices, typically, which is in line with everyone else around here:

Non-self propel Briggs pushers (Murray, Weed Eater): $50-$60

Self propel Toro Recycler, Craftsman, Troy built, Murray, Honda 160CC: $75-100

Self propel Honda 190CC/GXV140, Snapper with drive disk, Toro Super Recycler: $125-$150

Self propel Honda GXV160, Briggs Professional, Commercial push mowers $175-$300

take some pics of the underside, i want to see the transmission.

take the transmission apart and take pics
smile.gif

I ended up,giving it to my sister. She moved to a a house and needed a mower. I figured it was a good enough deal to just give it to her.

They sell for around $75 to $150 in my area. We have to mow a couple times a week in peek season, and although they are a fairly dependable machine, they are like pushing a car around the yard. Snapper and lawnboy are the big money machines here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back