Honda OEM Filtech cut open....ao1?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is odd...i had 2 of them and actually cut both open...when i cut them open they literally fell apart in pieces as i removed them cartridges from the can...the media is togetherbut the rest of it came out in pieces..no pliers or anything needed...no idea of oil or usage..came off some customers honda gx v-twins...

Normal, they are under pressure from the leaf springs on the bottom and the pressure from the can holding everything together. These are well built filters, not the most efficient but well built. Looks good overall.

So this is the "A01" filter Honda guys are searching all over for to avoid the Fram built "A02"? Looks like it did just fine.

As always, thanks for cutting and posting?

Did the Easter bunny bring you a bunch of oil filters to cut open?
You've been busy with this today.
Nice to see your posts of these filter disections with the many photos you've provided.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
So this is the "A01" filter Honda guys are searching all over for to avoid the Fram built "A02"? Looks like it did just fine.

As always, thanks for cutting and posting?

im not sure if its an ao1 or not either...thats why i put the ??????....kinda neat how the "endcaps" dont go all the way to the outer diameter of the media though...

I've used a number of those on my car. Good filters, IMO. Granted, I haven't had any issues with the Fram built ones either. The previous owner used them on the car from the dealership's oil change (per the records) for many years before I got it. The one on our Civic is holding up just fine as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back