Napa Platinum Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes the Napa Platinum Filters so much better then the Napa Gold filters? I noticed the platinums cost quite a bit more. Do they filter much better then the Gold oil filters? I read they have synthetic media, does that mean it filters out particles better?

They are WIX filters made for "extended drain intervals",wire backed media.Maybe they are inefficient to protect against plugging and bypassing?? If they are as bad as I hear,it wont be long before they are pulled from the market,once enough people get wind of what they are all about.

They have a full synthetic wire backed media, which should give higher capacity but with filters having plenty of reserve capacity you are better off with the gold. Wix isn't very specific with efficiency which is why the Fram Ultra seems far superior to the Platinum since they post 99% multi pass efficiency above 20 microns and have the best uoas for insolubles.

That being said the Napa golds are great filters and more than enough for most intervals.

So I'd be better off sticking with a the Gold line. Recently I have been interested in the Hastings filters. I have talked to a few people who say the hastings/baldwins are better then the wix/napa golds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back