Finally installed Lifeliner GLS on the Focus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran some calculations back in march. The cheapest two tires, per treadwear rated mile, were the Cooper CS3 and Lifeliner GLS.

They were sent to my parents. Two weeks after they arrived, I found that I had 3 Lifeliner GLS and 1 Arizonian tire. Had to ship that back. Three more weeks later - I finally got them installed!

Had a friend of mine get the Liferliner GLS for his car when he needed new tires as a sort of beta test. He drives ... spirited ... IE - gas/brake has two positions (floor and off) , speed is always 20% above posted limit. They have been doing well for him, even in the snow.

I picked up a set for myself. They are actually $.0005 more per mile than a Cooper CS3 ... but had the lowest buy in. Plus, the way this car burns through tires I figured it'd be better to go with something cheap.

Was about $220 for the set of 4 to my door and another $60 to mount/balance at Walmart. Surprisingly enough, they didn't do any damage to the wheel or my TPMS sensors! The wheels are dirty and what appears to be rash from tire mounting or curbs is just salt.

I know these tires do well already, so no surprises there. They don't feel squishy or mushy. Much quieter at highway speeds (almost no noise) than the Hankook Optimo 725 they replaced.

Next up is camber bolts for the rear along with an alignment so I can get more than 25-30K miles out of them!

Did lose a bit of highway mileage though
frown.gif

New tires will take a hit in fuel economy, compared to old ones.

I see a red dot on the sidewall. Did they have yellow dots as well, or just red?

It's been discontinued in most sizes now, I believe. My size 195/60-15 isn't being made anymore in the lifeliner.

Red dots, no yellow dots. The Optimo H725s had red dots on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back