Issues with simple mp3/wma player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a simple mp3/wma player. It reads music off of a USB stick or a SD card. It runs through an interface into the on-board audio system on my 2008 Goldwing. This is an aftermarket system, that uses the CD player input.

I am getting system faults, that the manufacturer of the system firmly places on my mp3 files. He claims over and over that he hasn't seen a single hardware issue with one of the players in 5 years.

I've gone in and stripped all cover art off of all of the files. My mp3 files are all placed into folders, which are properly set up according to the manufacturer's instructions.

What other kind of issues should I be looking for on my mp3 files, which could cause faults?

All of these same mp3's play just fine everywhere else, so I'm at a loss. Support from the manufacturer has effectively stopped at this point, so I guess I need to figure it out on my own, or learn to live with a flawed system.

Mattwithcats has a good start. I'd check the bit rate your player can handle, make sure the files aren't VBR (variable bit rate), which can confuse some players, and also check the transfer speed of your media. Flash media does age, so do an error scan on it - correcting it will allow the media to bypass the damaged sectors, but may also indicate that it's time to replace it. Flash media is quite inexpensive these days, even for speedier class 10 stuff.

If that doesn't solve the problem, my money's on the mp3 player itself. Despite the manufacturer's disbelief, electronics do go bad, for a wide variety of reasons.

As far as the media, I went and bought a brand new SanDisk SD card (I bought exactly what the manufacturer recommended), and I saw an improvement, but am still seeing issues.

They told me to not get anything larger than 8GB and stay with a blue card.

USB Mode? I've tinkered with Sansa players and had to change the USB Mode in the player's Settings to get the communication with the computer to work the way I wanted it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back