Slide-Glide for Semi Auto's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm usually pretty skeptical of these super duper wonder lubes, but some of my shooting buds highly recommended Brian Enos's Slide Glide. Boy that makes a world of difference right off the bat, much smoother, even sounds different, does everything Brian claims.

Try it, you won't be disappointed.

I've never heard of it. And after looking at the stuff I don't envision me buying any. Goo lube is too progressive for me.

Brian Enos Slide Glide is excellent - buy the medium grade or thinner of the two versions offered as the best all around .

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Does nothing that Tetra or TW25 grease does. They all work the same.

Have you tried it?

But then I've never used Tetra or TW25 grease.

Same basic price range.

Tetra and TW25 grease are both excellent as well ...Perhaps more uses in a firearm than with Slide Glide .

I've only used it "Slide Glide" on my daily carry pistol, will have to try it on my Kimber & Springfield.

Slide Glide was specifically designed to "soften" the felt recoil of automatic pistols so as to help keep the muzzle down on competition pistols.

If you are shooting a race gun on a target range, go for it.

The way it "softens" recoil is to slow down the slide. This is bad when it comes to self defense pistols. There is a limited amount of momentum driving the slide and there should be as little retardation of that in a self defense weapon as possible.

I've never used it and don't really see a reason to. Grease makes too much of a mess for me, and SG is loaded with tackifier.

Yes it made to soften and lube the race ways of a semi auto.

I have not had a hick-up in the 100 rounds I have put thru my pistol that I've installed it in, plus these are reloads in the mid range of power. Also this is after I've installed a 20 lb. spring in place of the factory 16 lb. spring.

From Brians site

Cary or Duty Pistols:
Slide-Glide is a grease, so it will slow down a pistol's slide-speed (compared to oil). For carry or duty pistols, protection from wear is not an issue - 100% reliability is the most important factor. For that reason, I only recommend Slide-Glide Lite in carry or duty pistols. And even then - applied very sparingly!

Last edited:
Quote:
I only recommend Slide-Glide Lite in carry or duty pistols. And even then - applied very sparingly!
Sounds like he's saying you'll be better off without his product in those situations.

Originally Posted By: hatt
Quote:
I only recommend Slide-Glide Lite in carry or duty pistols. And even then - applied very sparingly!
Sounds like he's saying you'll be better off without his product in those situations.

Not how I see it, he does use the word "recommend", and states how to apply it. No implication to not use it.

Many things are better used in a sparingly manner, not the more is better.

Anyway, I have had no issues with it as stated above.

I've switched from TW-25 to Slide Glide Lite and have been quite happy with it.

The issue is not what happens when it is freshly applied (although even then the Slide Glide Lite is slicker) but what happens days or weeks later. The TW-25 will start to separate, and racking the gun will feel less slick. You can see a little bit of this problem just by squeezing the tube of TW-25 after it has been sitting a while. It reminds me of the water that comes out of a Ketchup bottle. I trained myself to shake, and squeeze the tube before applying it just to make sure it was consistent.

That is not needed with Slide Glide, as it stays (or at least has thus far) constant right out of the tube.

As far as the "Lite" being what is recommended for concealed carry, it basically revolves around the viscosity at low temperatures. ANY grease will thicken as it cools, that's why it's not recommended on rails in the mid-west where I live without "cutting" it with some Mobile 1 (or equivalent) oil.

Finally here's another little mid-west tip with slide glide: I coat the rails on my Gen 4 Glock 30 with Mobil 1 synthetic, then dab slide glide Lite on the frame tabs. The action is smooth as silk and stays that way!

DakotaGlockGuy : Excellent idea for Glock rail lube ! I have a bottle of Mobil 1 20W50 V-Twin Synthetic oil that came from a recommendation of a friend to use for rail lube (Glocks & 1911's) . Then to add a dab of Slide Glide on the slide tabs could be just the ticket to a smooth , well lubed slide .

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
DakotaGlockGuy : Excellent idea for Glock rail lube ! I have a bottle of Mobil 1 20W50 V-Twin Synthetic oil that came from a recommendation of a friend to use for rail lube (Glocks & 1911's) . Then to add a dab of Slide Glide on the slide tabs could be just the ticket to a smooth , well lubed slide .

I really like the combo, and it seems to be the best of both worlds. You get the slickness of oil on the rails, which also automatically "cuts" the Glide a bit, but also makes sure you have something on the tabs to keep the gun running smooth.

Originally Posted By: stockrex
Just get some synthetic high temperature grease

I'm familiar with synthetic high temp. grease, have used it for wheel bearing for years.

It is nowhere the same product that Brian Enos puts out named Slide Glide.

DakotaGlockGuy - I also used to use TW-25 and switched to Slide Glide for the exact reasons you describe. I really like how the slide glide holds up after a couple hundred rounds.

jcwit - I am interested in your comment about Slide Glide being different than synthetic high temperature grease. Are you saying Slide Glide is better than synthetic high temp grease, or the other way around? In your opinion, what sort of grease is slide glide? How does its formulation compare with synthetic grease?

They make extra tacky automotive greases, i wonder if they would work similarly. Anyone run LSA on their slides?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back