07 Buick rendezvous transmission ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have a 07 Rendezvous with 110000 miles. In the past 4-6 weeks I've noticed an issue while on the highway. I will be driving along at about 65-70 mph.when the rpm's will jump from 2100 to 2500 then back down. Sometimes it will happen a few times in just a couple of minutes. And for some reason it will go a day or two and not happen at all. Fluid and filter are up to date. No check engine lights. It never happens at a lower speed. It is a CX front wheel drive. Any thoughts?

Initial first thoughts (these are subject ot change as i wake up during the day)
lol.gif
It sounds like you may have a sticking or failing TCC Solenoid. The converter in these units is a special woven material and very durable, it would be rare to find a converter that failed.

A scan tool with the correct software can pinpoint this very quickly if they know what to look for.
When was the fluid and filter serviced last? If more than 30K i would start there but before doing it use a can of BG transmission cleaner for 20 min before dropping the pan.
You must do the line off method to get this out, drain and fills wont cut it.

Put 2x12oz bottles of Lube Guard red in the unit 2oz per qt then drive the car normally.
You may have just had some varnish in the valve body, the BG is safe and will remove it.
The LG will continue cleaning and provide other benefits.

If less than 30K pump 3/4 of a qt out and put 2 bottles of LG Red in it, drive normally.
If that brings no relief seek professional assistance.
I have a gut feeling its a sticking valve but you need to address this quickly before damage is done.

49.gif
and $2 gets me coffee in morning.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Initial first thoughts (these are subject ot change as i wake up during the day)
lol.gif
It sounds like you may have a sticking or failing TCC Solenoid. The converter in these units is a special woven material and very durable, it would be rare to find a converter that failed.

A scan tool with the correct software can pinpoint this very quickly if they know what to look for.
When was the fluid and filter serviced last? If more than 30K i would start there but before doing it use a can of BG transmission cleaner for 20 min before dropping the pan.
You must do the line off method to get this out, drain and fills wont cut it.

Put 2x12oz bottles of Lube Guard red in the unit 2oz per qt then drive the car normally.
You may have just had some varnish in the valve body, the BG is safe and will remove it.
The LG will continue cleaning and provide other benefits.

If less than 30K pump 3/4 of a qt out and put 2 bottles of LG Red in it, drive normally.
If that brings no relief seek professional assistance.
I have a gut feeling its a sticking valve but you need to address this quickly before damage is done.

49.gif
and $2 gets me coffee in morning.

Ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back