How do you say it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May your first Sunday after the first full moon after the equinox be everything that you want it to be.

I dont speak american english as fluently as I speak english english, but, you could say ;

He has risen
He is rising
He rose
He was raising
He is rising
He arose,

And remain grammatically correct.

How do you say it on BITOG?

Originally Posted By: hr1940
Please read the board rules and remember there will be no Sex, Religion or Politics on this site.

Board Rules

In the Biblical translation of the colloquial languages spoken at the time, "He is risen" would be correct. In standard American English of today, you would say "He has risen".

*EDIT* It's called the Paschal Greeting.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

Please read the board rules and remember there will be no Sex, Religion or Politics on this site.

Board Rules

No Religion in this thread i can see. Come on man its Easter, are people really getting that petty?
Happy Easter!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

Board Rules

No Religion in this thread i can see. Come on man its Easter, are people really getting that petty?
Happy Easter!

LOL! No, just one!

bd50341cbfa211e396c20002c9d52110_6.jpg

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I'm Jewish and this thread doesn't bother me one bit.

I'm not religious and didn't realize it was Easter this week until I saw this thread.
blush.gif

It wouldn't be so bad, really, but for all the pizza shops being closed. I want a calzone. There are literally dozens of pizza shops that deliver here and I can't get a freakin' calzone just because some dead guy couldn't figure out how to die properly the first time.

Originally Posted By: yonyon
It wouldn't be so bad, really, but for all the pizza shops being closed. I want a calzone. There are literally dozens of pizza shops that deliver here and I can't get a freakin' calzone just because some dead guy couldn't figure out how to die properly the first time.

[censored]... pizza hut is open just got a supreme lovers pizza. industrial grade pie ain't so bad today

Good lookin out. The Pizza Hut is open. I've been on hold for almost 10 minutes waiting to find out if anyone there knows how to fold a pizza in half, but I'm hopeful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back